! slot has seemed to die due to multicart

bwi

20 Year Member
I know i know im getting what i deserve. but i saved settings as described in another thread and when i repowered up this is what i m greeted with now.

Multicart has been binned and i just need a way to get this thing working again.

Heres a video i made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GJaEff2hA

Bri

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
two things to try, one: is your BIOS socketed? If so, replace it. two: don't do this unless you know what you're doing first, but kill the battery on your board then install a new one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Does it do this with no cart in? If not you could try clearing the backup RAM in the hardware test menu, and reseating the BIOS/trying another BIOS chip.

clear the backup ram, I don´t think a cart can damage a system.

another possibility is that the cart pcbs are thicker and made the cart slot loose.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
clear the backup ram, I don´t think a cart can damage a system.

another possibility is that the cart pcbs are thicker and made the cart slot loose.

Yes, like suggested clear the backup ram.

bwi

20 Year Member
Thanks for the tips guys , it seems something happened to the bios chip as when i replaced it with the standard MVS it all worked. Put my old Unibios 2.3 in and its all working again.

So with all my messing with cosolizing my two slot again this weekend (swapping bios's over) multicart will not work in my 2 lot with unibios btw but does in the 1 slot) it may have gotten slightly dislodged or something.

Again thanks for the help and for future reference how or where in the settings is the clear backup ram option?

Bri

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Just go to the hardware test in the test menu and press start a few times, it'll get to a screen regarding the stored data and it'll ask you to press ABC to clear backup RAM.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Thanks for the tips guys , it seems something happened to the bios chip as when i replaced it with the standard MVS it all worked. Put my old Unibios 2.3 in and its all working again.

Hard resets rock.

xILLYRIAx

n00b
my 4-slot is doing the same thing although the image is static. happens both with and without a cart. If the top board isnt connected then I get the hardware test.

replace the bios?