Silpheed for PS2

Martha Stewart

New Challenger
I just bought this game in the bargain bin at my local Game Stop.

One of the best shooters I have ever played. Gorgeous!

Anyone else dig this title?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Pretty game, horrid pacing. It's just plain boring for a shooter. There are parts where you're just flying for what seems like forever and nothing appears on-screen and bullet patterns are uninspiring. The sad part is, the game starts to actually pick up toward the end. Things get more hectic and weapons become more intersting, but then it's over.

Glad you're enjoying it though. It's one of the more affordable shooters on PS2, so you're definitely getting your band for your buck.

Last edited:

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Pretty game. Excruciatingly simple/boring game. It's worth about as much as a Happy Meal.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I really thought this game was poor, but I tend to dislike shooters where you are not dodging a fatal bullet every millisecond, shikigami also annoyed me like this.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
bloodhokuto said:
I really thought this game was poor, but I tend to dislike shooters where you are not dodging a fatal bullet every millisecond, shikigami also annoyed me like this.

Shikigami is fantastic! :) things really pick up at stage 2.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Story's interesting, graphics are great, the gameplay itself just never picks up. Nope, not even with that cool-lookig final boss.

Hard to believe Treasure had a hand in developing this.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Ely13 said:
Pretty game. Excruciatingly simple/boring game. It's worth about as much as a Happy Meal.

Agree I was so excited when this game came out and after I played it I couldnt believe just how bad it was. I probably wont ever play this turd again.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If it came down to playing slipheed for all eternity or playing Magmax (NES) for all of eternity, Slipheed will win by a narrow margin.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I agree the gampelay can be spartain, but for me the overall package is well worth the buy.

barf

Maxima's Barber
I liked that game a lot, i don t remember beeing disapointed by the pacing since screenplay was nice and the difficulty progressive. I had a hard time in the level just before Sylpheed 1 boss though.

I am not picky at all shooter-wise so my opinion may not be verry relevant for a competitive player, i am just the casual one loving simple shooters like parodius as much as complex ones

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I liked silpheed for PS2. I guess I'm not jaded enough to hate on it.

Especially for $10 new I felt it was worth it.