Show me your white MVS carts!

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Is there anywhere or anybody that has more information on those hotel units? Do they have soft / hard dips, to change settings, disable timing, etc? Is it a 4 slot?? Just curious..

Ahhh, there's info around here somewhere on the forum.

Fett

Camel Slug
Here ya'll go:
samshoMVScarts.jpg

Nothing super special.
1 USA clear case
2 Japanese (rental I guess? Not sure. Not quite that milky "jiz" white, but it's dirty as fuck anyhow.)
3 Japanese Blue/clear with fake label
4 Japanese clear with fake label

And some super shitty 1990's quality printed shock box labels I never bothered to replace. Got 2-4 for less than $50 (total) on ebay, but when I get a hankering for some SamSho I usually just play my 100-in-1, which ironically works better.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
2 Japanese (rental I guess? Not sure. Not quite that milky "jiz" white, but it's dirty as fuck anyhow.)

I think I'll start calling these "jizz carts". Moar jizz carts please.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Damn dude, I bet that rental Pulstar cart is sweet looking. Does it have a silver serial sticker? That'd be the cherry on top.

No serial sticker. Aside from the SNKG logo on the cart shell and cart label without holograph (none of my other Japanese carts have that holographic label either though), there is nothing else on the surface of the cart that would indicate whether the cart would be an SNK original or not. I've opened up the carts and compared the boards to the mvs scans in order to ascertain their authenticity.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
No serial sticker. Aside from the SNKG logo on the cart shell and cart label without holograph (none of my other Japanese carts have that holographic label either though), there is nothing else on the surface of the cart that would indicate whether the cart would be an SNK original or not. I've opened up the carts and compared the boards to the mvs scans in order to ascertain their authenticity.

SNKG... I wonder what the "G" means... game ? Yeah I have a couple of jap carts (NON jizz carts) that have no silver sticker or holo label. The boards are legit though. I suppose the "SNKG" on your cart proves it's authenticity as good as anything.

I just bought a couple jizz carts, I think I'll start collecting them.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
My Magical Drop II with its crappy fake label that I don't dare remove as its stuck with some eugh that tears the original underneath whenever I try to remove it :(

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My Magical Drop II with its crappy fake label that I don't dare remove as its stuck with some eugh that tears the original underneath whenever I try to remove it :(

Ya that's some common shit I hate. A lot of people used to place fake ugly english labels over the japanese ones instead of placing a small label on the plastic.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Oh yeah. Did the rentals have the SNK-G on both sides of the cart.

So that Kof2001, is that a normal cart too. The colour just don't look right.
The rentals are a different kind of white to the normal carts. Normal ones are more of a solid colour.

Dave, got a better picture for us.

Here's a closer picture of Gangan;

DSCN7860.jpg

Not too sure about the new name though: "jizz carts". I prefer white/rental carts lol :D

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
The only white rentals I have are JP... and they have the SNK on the cart.

I want to get more of them!! if anyone wants to trade let me know!

IDCHAPPY is selling quite a few white rental carts, you should send him a pm :D

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Dave, that is a nice Gangan. I think that was directed at LoneSage.
I was talking about the Kof2001 cart.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I have a Ninja Masters laying around somewhere. I'll post up a pic.

Sent from Commodore 64 using BlowMEtalk

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I just counted and it looks like I have 11.

attachment.php

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You should clean 'em up and post a close up pic dude.
Perhaps, but for now I'm thousands of miles away from my carts and this is the best I can do. I've never coveted the rental carts anyway. If you buy in Japan you happen upon them all the time.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Neo Alec, great collection. I have a "milky" Double Dragon, but it doesn't worth to publish it since the label is almost destroyed.

Clessy

Banned
This thread is racist!

Also i've always wonder how fucking hard is to to honestly make fake labels that 100% real. I mean all this bootlegging technology and someone cant print a sticker with round corners yet? Fucking ridiculous