Show em if you got em....MVS Cabs

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
neo_X7 said:
Depends on who made it.

I got it from Kenny Boy last year & I think he
Consolized it & installed a uni-bios 1.1 chip too.
The part where the jamma harness plugs in at
on the motherboard is still there. :D :kekeke:

Can it still work in a 2-slot MVS cab even though
it is Consolized?. :help: :help:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I don't really know where I heard it, but I was told at some point that you should try to move cabs either standing up or on their backs. Any other way could potentially damage them.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Um. here's mine...

mvs-1slotbig.jpg

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Shawn Carr2o said:
I got it from Kenny Boy last year & I think he
Consolized it & installed a uni-bios 1.1 chip too.
The part where the jamma harness plugs in at
on the motherboard is still there. :D :kekeke:

Can it still work in a 2-slot MVS cab even though
it is Consolized?. :help: :help:

Yeah just as long as the jamma output isn't messed up to were you can't get the jamma harness on. So yes, just don't plug the AC adaptor in.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
jamie666 said:
3aayo
Hey nice cab, havent seen one like that before. How do you get on with the button layout as its different from the normal way the buttons are usually set. Nice looking cab tho!

Thanks jamie. It's a dedicated Leisure & Allied Industries cab, which is Australian. They are quite rare and hard to find from what I've been told, but living in Sydney made it easier, I guess. Yeah the button layout is a bit difficult and confusing at times but this is the layout I've become used to since I was a child and it is no problem for me these days.

XRS

Crossed Swords Squire
well hears mine from a different view, see it? saw this thread and this is the only pic of the cab I got on my pc with some superguns lol. Ill get better pics tommorow of mine.
DSCF1268.jpg

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
neo_X7 said:
Yeah just as long as the jamma output isn't messed up to were you can't get the jamma harness on. So yes, just don't plug the AC adaptor in.

The jamma harness should work or I'll either ask
Kenny Boy or D-Lite if it will work just incase. :kekeke:

Thanks for the info my good friend. :kekeke:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Here's mine bitches

6-slot.jpg

The scuff marks really aren't as bad as they look - bad angle or something. And yes, it was a pretty big pain in the arse to get it through the door - but I got the job done at both apartment complexes.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Pando said:
Thanks jamie. It's a dedicated Leisure & Allied Industries cab, which is Australian. They are quite rare and hard to find from what I've been told, but living in Sydney made it easier, I guess. Yeah the button layout is a bit difficult and confusing at times but this is the layout I've become used to since I was a child and it is no problem for me these days.

Gday Pando

here are my Aussie twin L&A cabs

mvs.jpg

I love them both, the one on the left is Neo and on the right Geo

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cut Chemist said:
I recently moved an hour and a half from home to go to college, and in the next week or so, I am going to try to bring my 4 slot Big Red down here with me.

lithy said:
My cab is in my dorm room as well.

lol you guys are crazy dragging your cabs along to your college dorms with you! Can't you get a supergun for your college years until you settle down?! :rolleyes:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Adamaki said:
lol you guys are crazy dragging your cabs along to your college dorms with you! Can't you get a supergun for your college years until you settle down?! :rolleyes:

no

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
ttooddddyy said:
Gday Pando

here are my Aussie twin L&A cabs

mvs.jpg

I love them both, the one on the left is Neo and on the right Geo

Hey those two cabs are really nice well done. Are you a collector? Just wondered why you have two of them?

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Pando said:

Hey so what sort of price did you pay for her?

Do you have a single slot motherboard in there, im just going by the mimi marquee area as it displays just the one game?

Robert

20 Year Member
I'm not sure but I think the red cabs never made it to France. At least I have never seen one. We had dedicated neo cabs with mini marquees and everything (except the Memory cart slot, but gain I'm not sure about that) but they had different shapes.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
jamie666 said:
Hey those two cabs are really nice well done. Are you a collector? Just wondered why you have two of them?

Im definately not a collector.
I have 6 cabs at the moment though (two mvs as in the pic, 3 jamma and a cocktail cab) I picked them up as a job lot, actually had another cab exactly the same but thats another story
:crying:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Cool, so how do you find the room to store them all?

What are your plans for the cabs, do you plan to keep them all, sell them, restore them if needed etc?

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
My cabs..

Here are my cabs...the one on the right is fitted with a 6 slot board, I fitted a brand new monitor, low and medium resolution to this, new sanwa sticks and buttons and new power supply..
Next project is to fit a decent sound system in this cab....

The cab on the left is a generic jamma cab that I also fitted a brand new monitor,sanwa buttons and new joysticks,new power supply..I use this cab for capcom cps-2 and sega stv games mainly, sometimes mvs...
I fitted a sound system in this cab, inside this cab there is a 60w active subwoofer, tweeters on the side of the cab, midrange speakers facing down the screen..the midrange and tweeters are powered by an A&R Cambridge A60 stereo hifi amp....
As you can imagine the sound quality is something else !!!

DSCN3577.JPG

snknutballz6

Banned
jamie666 said:
We've had the thread on candy cabs, now how about showing the old style wooden MVS Cabs if you have them.

I see you're in the UK, i want one eventually but where did you get it, thats the only problem is tracking one down.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
thegreathopper said:
Here are my cabs...the one on the right is fitted with a 6 slot board, I fitted a brand new monitor, low and medium resolution to this, new sanwa sticks and buttons and new power supply..

The cab on the left is a generic jamma cab that I also fitted a brand new monitor,sanwa buttons and new joysticks,new power supply..I use this cab for capcom cps-2 and sega stv games mainly, sometimes mvs...
I fitted a sound system in this cab, inside this cab there is a 60w active subwoofer, tweeters on the side of the cab, midrange speakers facing down the screen..the midrange and tweeters are powered by an A&R Cambridge A60 stereo hifi amp....

DSCN3577.JPG

Nice SFA3 man! :D

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
thegreathopper said:

DSCN3577.JPG

Mate I like the way you have taken out and replaced the sticks and buttons, nice job, do they all have a better feel to them now?

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
snknutballz6 said:
I see you're in the UK, i want one eventually but where did you get it, thats the only problem is tracking one down.

I live near Gatwick Airport in surrey. I brought my cab off ebay and had to rent a transit van and drive all the way up there. Well worth it tho mate!!!!

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Adamaki said:

Get either a Supergun or a Super Nova so you don't
have to bring those heavy ass Arcade cabs to your
College dorm. :D :kekeke: Also get a 2-slot, 4-slot
or a 6-slot MVS motherboard for your MVS carts &
Two new style joysticks too. :kekeke:

snknutballz6

Banned
jamie666 said:
I live near Gatwick Airport in surrey. I brought my cab off ebay and had to rent a transit van and drive all the way up there. Well worth it tho mate!!!!

Hmmn i already know plenty of places who will sort me out a conversion of a jamma cab and delivery would only be £70, i cant drive so your option is not immediatly available.

Its just im after a actual MVS cab,rather than jamma converted, although that said some of those places will get MVS cab's from time to time, i'll just have to keep ringing them up pestering them for when they'll get one LOL.

Jamma conversions are ok though are they not? so long as they have enough buttons and are configured for you properly.