Should more FF and AOF games be made?

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
I was just wondering that do alot of you guys out there feel the way I do which is should more Fatal Fury and Art of fighting games be made?

I say without a doubt HELL YEAH. My reason for saying this is beacuse FF&AOF games brought uniqeness and creativity to the table. Recall AOF was one of the first SNK games to have the zoom in zoom out technique as well in AOF 2 the more your man got it the more his face got swollen..like in a REAL fight.

The FF games(Real Bouts)were classics like knocking your opponent off the screen or the other way around and off the elevetors

Also the main reason why I think more FF&AOF games should be made is beacuse I am tired of seeing FF&AOF characters play nothing more the supporting roles in "KOF"

Being a Terry fan I would like to see Terry have importance once again....and not just Terry I am talking about Andy,Joe,Mary,Ryo,Robert,Yuri etc. Not every damn thing should evolve around KOF'S main characters which it sickenly does.

I also would like to see more FF&AOF games, because I want to see a new story with "non KOF characters" being the leads and an intriging story that has nothing to do with a KOF tornament,Orochi&Nests saga.

To be honest I was hoping that another FF(not MOTW'S)game could be made and Andy could be the star in that game. I applauded SNK for making Robert the star in AOF 3.

I am just saying that I want to more FF and AOF games DAMMIT!.....anyone agree :D

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I wholeheartedly agree. More games are always good. I'd really like to see an AOF4, with a mix of characters from all the AOF games. Also, I had this crazy thought the other day: Real Bout Fatal Fury 1/2: Chibi Fighters. Kinda like Pocket Fighter (Capcom) but the characters don't just look like kids, they ARE kids. It'd have this really oddball storyline (like Joe is seeking revenge on Geese for stealing his lunch money). I think this would be a kick-@$$, unique idea for the NeoGeo, I honestly don't think it has any SD fighters (and the code from SS2 to turn into dolls does not count wink )

HAHA an cute fighter is what you mean yeah?

I am always for new fighters, and a fresh storyline would be really great. Plus the sprites could use a tune up anyway.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I'll only take a new AOF if they can make it top AOF 3, and that isn't going to be easy.

Mike

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Michael Yagami:
I'll only take a new AOF if they can make it top AOF 3, and that isn't going to be easy.

Mike
Not easy? They could start by fixing everything that was wrong with 3..

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It would be nice to see new FF and AOF games. I wouldnt mind Kyo being in them so for once he wouldnt be the main character and would get his butt whooped.

Wonder if Mark of the Wolves 2 is still being developed...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'd like to see AOF4 with EVERYONE from AOF 1-3 in it. Yeah, I know this a daunting task. I have no idea how they'd match the detail of AOF3, but I like these characters and I'd like to see them all in one game.

EDIT: Kasumi's birthday was today (the 29th). Anyone take advantage of it?

<small>[ March 30, 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: DanAdamKOF ]</small>

J' Kusanagi

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well I've always hated the AOF series but I'd love to see more Fatal Fury games made.

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
DanAdamKOF:
I'd like to see AOF4 with EVERYONE from AOF 1-3 in it. Yeah, I know this a daunting task. I have no idea how they'd match the detail of AOF3, but I like these characters and I'd like to see them all in one game.

EDIT: Kasumi's birthday was today (the 29th). Anyone take advantage of it?
Yeah I would like to see that also. I thought the AOF games got a very bad rap...to be honest I actually enjoyed them.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
For me art of fighting was snk's greatest series.

During that whole crazy 2 dfighter period 1991-95, everything was compared to Street fighter 2.

In the UK , art of fighting 2 was the only fighter that gaming mags here called better than Street fighter 2.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think it wouldnt be too difficult to improve on AF3.

I mean just the other night i was playing real bout 2, and i started thinking how some of the stages were close to MOTW while others still seemed stuck in the fatal fury 3 age.

Thats what made fatal fury such a great series. SNK improved it through its 9 year history. Who knows where it would have carried on if SNK hadnt bolted

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
rugal2000:
For me art of fighting was snk's greatest series.

During that whole crazy 2 dfighter period 1991-95, everything was compared to Street fighter 2.

In the UK , art of fighting 2 was the only fighter that gaming mags here called better than Street fighter 2.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think it wouldnt be too difficult to improve on AF3.

I mean just the other night i was playing real bout 2, and i started thinking how some of the stages were close to MOTW while others still seemed stuck in the fatal fury 3 age.

Thats what made fatal fury such a great series. SNK improved it through its 9 year history. Who knows where it would have carried on if SNK hadnt bolted
Thats exactly what I said before FF&AOF games CREATIVITY. Not only is it a shame that left it's a shame they dropped AOF after it's third installment.

X-death

Raiden's Valet
There should also should be Last Blade 3, Samurai Showdown 5, and Rage of the dragons 2.
I wish Playmore would release their games faster than they do now. Last year they only released about 4-5 games, and this year It looks like they will only release 3or4

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I love to see another AOF game being made. AOF was a great series and has only gotten better. I'd also like to see MOTW, but with the line switching. MOTW reminded me to much of a Capcom game without it.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
But how would the system's of either games be? You'd have to make it something different yet similar to what the fans are used to and also be able to appeal to not just the niche fans. Fatal Fury is already taken care of but Art of Fighting would be rough. I don't think fans would care to much for a meter that limits your special moves. Maybe they should give a new AOF game Real Bout's system(maybe flesh it out some more) and give it some nice new graphics or something. RB had a pretty good system. I don't know why they ditched it.

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
X-death:
Yes. Fatal Fury and AOF is way better than KOF.
I most defintley AGREE with that. X-death did bring up something and that is I would also like to see more of Last Blade and Samurai Shodown.

Oh yeah the real bout game combo sysem was off the IZZEZ.... Terry and Geese were combo demons.

Ninjitsuwolf69

New Challenger
FF, LB and SS rock. AOF is good.

FF had that, interaction which provided a lot of depth and a bit of humor. (in fact all FF chars range from OK to excellent, apart from white who i don't know)

AOF, had it's uniqueness, as P-geyser said, zoom in zoom out, plus some cool bonus rounds.

SS smoked KOF, It has an exceptional artistic style, great music, balance, and creates a mood unlike any other. This game is actually called Samurai Spirits in Japan. Some of the characters in this game are based on real-life historical figures such as Miyamoto Musashi (Haohmaru), Amakusa Shirou Tokisada and Hanzo Hattori.
Samurai Shodown also featured some interesting new gameplay enhancements to increase player's enjoyment, including the Kuroko, "The Ref," who would attentively watch from the background, and even a character from the background who would run onscreen, and sometimes toss an item into the ring, which could be food (to increase a players health) or money (for useless points)... And lastly, this series features deaths, but in a classy way... If you win with the right style, your opponent could be cut in half, or have a fatal wound, and drop to the ground after a nice blood release... Very nice indeed, and probably one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game...

LB,Definitely an instant hit for SNK... Last Blade shows off some awesome fighters in a great setting... Graphically, Last Blade is a few steps ahead of the Samurai Shodown series... But in my opinion, Samurai Shodown still has the best characters, gameplay, and feel...

and what do tghese all have in common? unlike KOF, these games have developed well over the years

SO hell yeah they should be a SS FF and LB. also an AOF

p.s in AOF 4, Ryo should be older (Mr. Karate type)

Showdown

n00b
as long as samurai shodown 5 comes first,im game.if they do another ff,id like it to have that real-bout feel(out of bounds,etc) blended with a little motw.

and im kinda diggin the "kid version of ff" danadamkof brought up.now i keep seeing them all as little kids fightin in front of school!

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
More FF? F**K YEAH! More AOF? Another F**K YEAH! I wouldn't say that I prefer these to KOF, but after '99 the series hasn't fully lived up to expectations & and would be good to see these classics making a comeback. That & the fact that Terry has always been the try hero of SNK, while the likes of Kyo or K' are just snot nosed punks.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Holy hell, what a major topic resurrection.

Yeah I'd definitely like to see another Fatal Fury game, heralding the miraculous return of Geese Howard and Billy Kane.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Yeaahhh, another AOF please, but with the feeling of the first two chapters, not like AOF 3.

Also FF 4 (not MOTW 2 or Real Bout 3) would be great.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Perhaps, but there are more genres that should be tapped into at this time. Personally, I'd like to see a Shock Troopers 3 or Ikari 4.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I think the FF series should be left alone.

I personally couldn't stand a new epsiode which couldn't live up to the serie's quality.

to me FF really was SNK and SNK is not here anymore..

For some reason I really do love new eps of SS, KOF and the rest of all the great series.