Should I trade in my white PS4 Destiny Edition for $193?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Amazon is giving me that much if I trade it in...is that a fair price.

Trading in to amazon is less headache than selling on my own, so I'm tempted...

Marek

Banned
Depends on how much they're gonna flip it for. If their markup is more than 80-100 then you might as well get that money yourself

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Depends on how much they're gonna flip it for. If their markup is more than 80-100 then you might as well get that money yourself

Sometimes Amazon pays crazy prices for gaming trade-ins, puts it on sale for crazy prices on Amazon Warehouse that few people want to pay, then drops the price slowly until suddenly, it's stupid low.

Moe, if you're doing the trade in, it better be very close to your description, or else they'll give you the lowest price (or return it for free, if you choose that, instead). Can't tell you if it's worth it. What do used PS4s go for, anyways?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What up guys - actually I do have PT on it, ha....does that make it more valuable? Its tied to my PSN account which I was planning on wiping so I think that would get rid of the game anyway.

Prices on eBay are all over the place from like $200 to over $350. I don't have the box though so it'll be on the lower spectrum for me.

Joe, my system is pretty minty, I barely played it. And when I submitted the trade I selected the option if they value it less then to just return it to me. Just not sure I should follow-though on it.

But selling on my own will be a pain. Fuck paypal and fuck eBay. I'd much rather have amazon credit. Oh well I'll sleep on it I guess.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
There's always craigslist. I prefer trying Craigslist for a lot of things before I got to eBay, etc. Craigslist doesn't charge insertion fees and no shipping.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Here's the thing with grading: it's a total crapshoot. One grader may notice your minty console, and give you the most money possible. Another may notice you're missing the box, and boom, worst grade/worst money. Technically, no box means lowest grade, anyways.

Someone may pay more with PT on it, but you'd probably have to go to eBay, accept PayPal, and worse, keep the account tied to it.

If I was very interested in getting a PS4, I'd offer you the credit. Surely you can sell it here to someone you know for e-gift cards.