Should I open this or am I good?

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Hey guys, got a TSS. It does have a fake label.

However, it also has an SNK sticker on the side that will have to be razored to get the cart open.

I was able to inspect the first board through the holes. The top board is exactly as it should be; three chips, no manufacturer markings, numbered 224, along with 9647D.
The top board is legit.

Should I open this to confirm the bottom board? I'm thinking with the stickers and a legit top board, I shouldn't have to. Thoughts?

twinkle1.jpg

twinkle2.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
why is there tape over the silver sticker? and wasnt it free of sorts?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
EDIT.

Open it, there is no longer a warranty on it.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I think you'll be alright if you don't open it. The markings you mentioned match the markings on the board at mvs scans. I haven't seen games where one board is legit but it could be a new trend.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Cart prob. had a crappy JP label on it.

Some OPs don't have time to read "ASIAN" Chicken Scratch or a tattered label so they just reprint a US label.

640px-Twinkle_star_sprites_jp_label.jpg

EDIT: You can pick up a nice replacement label for your cart from XX.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
There is no need to open games like with a sticker present like this. A peek through the vents is enough.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have a couple carts with stickers like that (although none with tape) and they all seem to be in good order. At least top board is legit and the bottom boards solder points are the same. I don't bother cutting it open, but I dont have any high price carts.

By the way, very good find with TSS :) That seems to be a rare one. Should let us know how you like the game play :D