Shock Troopers 2nd Squad Slow down - 161 cart or cmvs poewr issue?

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
As the title says guys...was playing shock troopers with my son 2 players last night, and in some areas (specially where crowded and lots of explosions) I noticed some serious slowdown....I remember occasional slowdowns on real hardware back in the days, specially when they used to push the machines to the limit or maybe bad coding but this was quite heavy... slow mo really.
Is this due to the fact that it was on the 161 in 1 cart? or maybe the cMVS didnt have enough power? any thoughts?

P.S. I have over 30 MVS original titles but dont have shock troopers 2nd squad so cant check with the original cart. As for the CVMS I followed Xian Xi`s tuts on JammaX and its working via +5V

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
It's the game itself. Noting to do with your 161 or CMVS being at fault.

You'll have to live with the tragedy I'm afraid, just like the rest of us.

To avoid any needless pain in the future, do yourself a favour. Either:

1) Only 'do' 1P mode
2) Never pick the chick with the red spread bullets
3) Just play ST1 forever instead

-

p.s. do you still have giant cockroaches flying all over the place in Malta?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Even with just a single player, fighting the boss in the second-to-last stage is still going to be filled with slow-down.

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
It's the game itself. Noting to do with your 161 or CMVS being at fault.

You'll have to live with the tragedy I'm afraid, just like the rest of us.

To avoid any needless pain in the future, do yourself a favour. Either:

1) Only 'do' 1P mode
2) Never pick the chick with the red spread bullets
3) Just play ST1 forever instead

-

p.s. do you still have giant cockroaches flying all over the place in Malta?

Yeah I remember that some games used to run fine in 1P mode, even on my MegaDrive and Snes and when a second player pops in some little slowdown was there, the spread bullets ur right...makes it worst :/ well i`m glad its from the "game" rather then from the 161 or my CMVS :) dammnit its some SERIOUS slowdown...how come the devs never removed some stuff before releasing it that way :O

ahhhh yeah in summer i.e. from June till August in old towns its like Humans VS Cockroaches lvls :P swarms of them, I pity the people who live ground floor :/