Shock Troopers 2 no sound

EddyIori

New Challenger
I got a Shock Troopers 2 for really cheap but it has no sound. I opened it and its all original, no broken traces or even signal of corrosion. When I use the Universe Bios to access the sound test it says it can't start the sound. All my other carts work perfectly. Anyone have a clue of what can be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
EddyIori said:
I got a Shock Troopers 2 for really cheap but it has no sound. I opened it and its all original, no broken traces or even signal of corrosion. When I use the Universe Bios to access the sound test it says it can't start the sound. All my other carts work perfectly. Anyone have a clue of what can be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

The M ROM on the cart has either currupted, a broken trace from the cart edge to the M ROM or the cart connectors are dirty (the ones that goto the M ROM).

Raz

EddyIori

New Challenger
probably corrupted

Yes since there are no dirty, corroded or any kind of stuff like this.
Where to get a new M rom?? :conf:

EddyIori

New Challenger
its burned out

well I opened the cartridge and played it for a little and noticed that the m1 rom is getting a little hot. Using any other game the m1 rom doesn't get ANY kind of elevation in temp. That for me means that it is burned out. My friend do have an eprom burner, i do have the game roms. But wich type of eprom is the m1? Where to get one?