Shipping on eBay from the U.S.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
The Taxes here in general are horrendous.Those top-ranking politicians need something for their pension fund.

Not too bad, in Italy we have 21% VAT + random taxes for custom/facility despatchment + taxes on former taxes...

Anyway, I don't understand US sellers who don't ship abroad... I mean, if somebody pays me all the price for a safe/trackable/insured shipping, I send also in Papauasia.

Not too bad, in Italy we have 21% VAT + random taxes for custom/facility despatchment + taxes on former taxes...

Anyway, I don't understand US sellers who don't ship abroad... I mean, if somebody pays me all the price for a safe/trackable/insured shipping, I send also in Papauasia.

Because nobody ever wants to pay for safe/trackable/insured shipping abroad. Everyone wants to say they'll assume the risk, so please mark it valued at $10 or something. Then if it gets lost or damaged they just do a Paypal chargeback.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Because nobody ever wants to pay for safe/trackable/insured shipping abroad. Everyone wants to say they'll assume the risk, so please mark it valued at $10 or something. Then if it gets lost or damaged they just do a Paypal chargeback.

I do what you want if you pay what I ask, it's clear.

In case of loss I didn't have to refund because I had the post office receipt, but it happened several years ago and it was the only case, so I can't speak for everybody.
Anyway, I had over 900 transactions in the last 10 years, I remember only 2 lost packets that I ws expecting (and Italian Post Service is famous for sucking hard), statistically I find quite rare this possibility in front of a sure cut of my potential customers.

I suppose that some sellers are quite lazy or probably are satisfied from the local market (of course, U.S. is the biggest one), but I'm glad for doing business also with Russian or Chinese customers.
What I really hate is people who think of being smart frauding sistematically, with play.com and Amazon a lot of morons played in that way and all of us are looked suspiciously now...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'll echo this. It's something I've just come to terms with. I'll always factor in shipping prices on top of any purchase for carts I make on here or eBay.

Still cheaper than buying locally. Idiots want top dollar for everything here.

The scene is truly awful here, it's basically a bunch of 40 year old bogans into multi boards and mame. :(

I read a lot of the threads on aussiearcade and just shake my head. :(

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Still cheaper than buying locally. Idiots want top dollar for everything here.

The scene is truly awful here, it's basically a bunch of 40 year old bogans into multi boards and mame. :(

I read a lot of the threads on aussiearcade and just shake my head. :(

Haha.

The MVS potential market is huge judging by the feeding frenzy everytime someone advertises MVS carts on there. Which does not happen often at all.

The wildly varying prices is what concerns me though. It would appear people are paying Ebay prices plus the pineapple fee and thinking that is the going rate for the item.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What about a few weeks back, there was a guy on there who went and scooped a bunch of MVS games off gumtree purely to flip. Imagine if that happened on here! And people were encouraging him to do it! :lolz:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I can't really comment on the scene here these days but it looks to be the same globally, I remember on AA years ago there were MVS sales all the time and the prices were fair. These days when rarer items do get posted here on eBay, Gumtree or AA forums, they usually fetch a ridiculous price.

Look at the TSS cart +shock that went for over $500 here recently. I picked up a number of Stu's carts as he was selling them and got some reasonable deals but some of the prices these noobs are willing to pay is disgusting. That said, I recently scored NAM 1975 for $20 locally just the other day.

Bit off topic, but yeah...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, the mame and multiboard crowd is strong here, but they can have it. I don't even look at those ads, those are the setups that just sit and don't sell.

There was a dedicated L&AI 4slot that sold with Mag Lord, 8 Man, NAM 1975 and Fatal Fury carts, marquee, memory card reader, credit LED's, all original, for $550 only last month. Steal!

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
What about a few weeks back, there was a guy on there who went and scooped a bunch of MVS games off gumtree purely to flip. Imagine if that happened on here! And people were encouraging him to do it! :lolz:

Yep, I remember that thread, it was like being in the twilight zone FFS.

Gumtree is particularly disheartening because a lot of good stuff is on there, more so than AA, but prices are in the stratosphere and these guys honestly believe the same high price is completely justified.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I can't really comment on the scene here these days but it looks to be the same globally, I remember on AA years ago there were MVS sales all the time and the prices were fair. These days when rarer items do get posted here on eBay, Gumtree or AA forums, they usually fetch a ridiculous price.

Look at the TSS cart +shock that went for over $500 here recently. I picked up a number of Stu's carts as he was selling them and got some reasonable deals but some of the prices these noobs are willing to pay is disgusting. That said, I recently scored NAM 1975 for $20 locally just the other day.

Bit off topic, but yeah...
where did you get NAM-1975 locally for $20?