Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushido Retsuden- was it ever translated?

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Was a translation ever produced for this CD RPG? I read the now-closed thread from 2008-2012 (linked below), but don't think there has been much news since?

Is this CD game available for NeoSD? Obviously not much use if not in English, but it's currently the only official game missing from the NeoSD romset to my knowledge (cross-checking against the Wikipedia list of NeoGeo games). Seems surprising that there isn't ANY version of this game available for the NeoSD... If there is please let me know!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Not to my knowledge. Deucebag did a lot of talking it up and teasing with screenshots but then got butthurt and ran away before releasing anything. There was a recent thread where he seemed to resurface elsewhere taking the same old jazz. Ultra stroker alert sounded in my mind.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Well that's a damn shame as it looked like an epic project. This forum, what is it like, eh?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
His Twitter profile says he's working on it and he's taking donations. I've seen progress posts on his account. I won't discourage donating, but there's the obvious caveat that he publicly teased it and pulled the plug on the public 15 years ago.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Samurai Shodown RPG is up there along with Princess Crown on Sega Saturn as one of the while whales in the English fan translations begging for one...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This has been vaporware since it was announced, and there's no indication that will ever change.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This shit again?

Douche announced it - yet again - a few months ago and from what I can tell on his twitter he's just spinning his wheels - again. But wait, thats not all - he's taking donations!!!

Dude's honestly full of himself, and shit. Years ago he said he lost all his work in a Hard drive crash. You'd think someone who is educated enough to work on translating languages would make back ups but he claims there was no backup - buuttttttt whatever.

Then a few months ago, "hey so guess what I found some stuff and Im really close to finishing it. iffin you wanna give me monies....."

Ive made my peace with it. He's not going to finish it. He is 100% full of shit.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Wasn't Haohmaru's story in the first scenario completed in English at least? I seem to remember that, but I could be wrong here. 🤔

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
$310 so far, so not getting rich yet. It is fair to take donations for a project like this. There's a trust issue though when the author failed to deliver what was publicly hyped in the past.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Hmm... It seems that the English fan translation for Samurai Shodown RPG is nearing completion, according to the fan translator and he is confident it will be complete before 2023 ends, but that remains to be seen...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Goobsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushido Retsgooben

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hmm... It seems that the English fan translation for Samurai Shodown RPG is nearing completion, according to the fan translator and he is confident it will be complete before 2023 ends, but that remains to be seen...

Yes, "the fan translator." If only we knew the identity of this mysterious character. lol

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'll believe it when I have it on my MiSTer.

Still not holding my breath.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If anyone was going to waste time translating anything, it should be the story mode of SSV, not that dumb RPG.

SSV had an involved story mode with a crazy amount of cutscenes, character specific dialogue, endings, etc. Then whoever was localizing the game into english said, waaaaaaaaah fuck it, and removed everything.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If anyone was going to waste time translating anything, it should be the story mode of SSV, not that dumb RPG.

SSV had an involved story mode with a crazy amount of cutscenes, character specific dialogue, endings, etc. Then whoever was localizing the game into english said, waaaaaaaaah fuck it, and removed everything.
That's already done. The rom was ripped from the Xbox release and is playable on a real Neo Geo. It's an official English translation.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Man who gives a fuck about this shitty game? The guy is a nutjob to be still going on about it after all these years.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That's already done. The rom was ripped from the Xbox release and is playable on a real Neo Geo. It's an official English translation.
Didn't know about that. Gonna have to seek that out.