Shin Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The cover of the newest Famitsu Wave (a monthly videogame magazine + DVD) has a picture from the latest Onimusha game, "Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams".

The magazine was sealed, and I didn't feel like shelling out $10 for a non-playable video of the game, so aside from the cover I have no idea what this game is about.

The cover showed a youngish-looking samurai with bleach blond hair standing in a grayish wasteland, and that was it. No enemies or backgrounds.

I don't know if this is a true sequel, or a offshoot like (the very mediocre) Onimusha Buraiden. There's no "4" in the title, and the kanji for "shin" means "new" (as opposed to the "shin" in Samurai Spirits 2, which meant "true"). This is also the first Onimusha released in Japan to have English in the title. All of the other games were all Japanese.

This caught me totally by surprise... I had no idea a new Onimusha game was coming out so soon.

Anyone else know anything about this title?

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Gamespot has had some coverage on it for quite a while.
Looks really cool.

evil son

Bead Banger
it takes place 15 years after part 3
everything is full 3d an the guys that made the first one are making this one :buttrock: :buttrock:

he said that the current crop of samurai tittles out there disgusted him an said hes basicaly coming back to take whats his

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
evil son said:
it takes place 15 years after part 3
everything is full 3d an the guys that made the first one are making this one :buttrock: :buttrock:

he said that the current crop of samurai tittles out there disgusted him an said hes basicaly coming back to take whats his

Thank you for the info.

...also, this would appear to be the first Onimusha that doesn't have a famous actor as the main character.

The guy on the cover of the magazine was no one that I recognized anyway.

evil son

Bead Banger
tsukaesugi said:
Thank you for the info.

...also, this would appear to be the first Onimusha that doesn't have a famous actor as the main character.

The guy on the cover of the magazine was no one that I recognized anyway.

yeah they had a short interview in a gameinformer mag i think last months

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Onimusha 3 is the shit. if you haven't played it, then DO IT.

Baseley09 said:
Is thsi series still pre-rendered??

Onimusha 3 was fully 3D.

Last edited: