Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers...coming stateside. (3DS)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
The 3DS re-release of the Saturn/PS1 game Soul Hackers is coming to NA. Released back in August in Japan, Soul Hackers is a first-person/dungeon crawler.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Never in yurop.
I wish they would release those games on the vita instead.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Good to hear. The industry needs more 'niche-y' titles like this. This is one reason I love the 3DS right now-it's filling many of those niches.

I also want the Vita to get more great titles. Ragnarok Odyssey is a pretty good substitute for Monster Hunter, IMO. And it's awesome hardware.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm looking forward to this one. the 3DS is starting to get some good RPGs

Good to see this is coming stateside. The DS was so good for games like this, still have some titles to get through still. Here's hoping SMT IV gets a localization announcement as well.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ooooh, looking forward to another great SMT game!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I'll give it a try as an Atlus fan, even though I hate first person dungeon crawlers.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
This comes out next week, anyone else getting this?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Picked this up today and enjoying it so far. Comes with a cool CD, but instead of an instruction manual it has a fold out.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
took me a few hours to figure out how exactly to play this, but now that i understand its gameplay mechanics i'm digging it a lot

the interaction with enemy monsters is certainly... interesting

i wasn't feeling it much at first but after getting into it for a while now i'm finding its quirky inception into the gameplay to be uniquely charming

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I like the cyberpunk theme, but not so sure about the game play.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Can't wait to play this and SMT IV. More great games by atlus on the 3ds.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
A great game that has almost everything going for it. I would highly recommend this to RPG lovers. I was excited when they released information about a Shin Megami Tensei with full 3D visuals. The 3D really makes the locations stand out and look more like a piece of art than just a building. This game is excellent. With a few shorthands now and then, the game is still quite impressive.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

To promote the upcoming release of Shin Megami Tensei IV (due on July 16th) the eShop version of Soul Hackers has been reduced to $30 until July 14th.

You can also get a physical copy on Amazon for $30.

Edit: I pulled the trigger. The download is 15k blocks, almost 2GB. There must be lots of video and voice work in this game. This is one of the largest downloads in the 3DS library, if not the largest.

Last edited: