Shawn still alive? Neostore alive?

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hi,
A close friend of mine ordered for more than 800USD of goods on the neostore. Its credit card had been charged, and Shawn did not send goods.
He first claimed the payment was not done, we called bank it is. Right now, whereas payment had been totally cleared shawn wanted SCANS of credit card..
Since then, no answer.

From the moment he does not answer anymore by email, I post here. Shawn, please contact me directly by PM because that's not very very serious. I know Neostore is not what it was back in the days ( neo geo market is dead) but com'on!

Regards.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
he's always been hard to get hold off at the best of times thats why i dont buy from the neo store.

(PS I hope I dont start to develop problems logging on!)

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
"whereas payment had been totally cleared shawn wanted SCANS of credit card"

Just provide the scans as instructed and goods wil be sent,sure thing.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member

Hi,

A close friend of mine ordered $800 of goods from the Neostore. His card has been charged but the order has not been shipped. Apparently there was a problem with the payment clearing, but the bank has assured me that is not the case. Now Shawn wants me to send him a scan of the credit card.

Since then he has not replied to any of my emails so I have resorted to posting in the WRONG FORUM. Shawn, please send me a PM at your earliest convenience.

I know the Neostore is hanging on by a thread these days, but I would appreciate it if you trudged through my attempts at writing emails and messages to you.

Regards.

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's not a question. we have NO COMMERCIAL need of providing a credit card with internet. That's not the " neo geo spring break".
I never provide scans of my credit card neither my friend. Just act like other consumers, Shawn has to put one eye on his account to see the credit and send these damn games..

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
It's not a question. we have NO COMMERCIAL need of providing a credit card with internet. That's not the " neo geo spring break".
I never provide scans of my credit card neither my friend. Just act like other consumers, Shawn has to put one eye on his account to see the credit and send these damn games..

Then you will not get your items. I can relate to Shawn... you get told once... you do it and stop complaining. He doesn't care how many more emails you send until you do the one thing that was asked. The solution to your problem is in your own hands. Don't do it a different way because it will not happen.

Order Instructions:

"[Besides Britain/Ireland] Most other countries will not pass the AVS check. This is mainly because your credit card company is not on record with merchant services within the western world yet. In such an event, you will promoted to provide us with proof of credit card ownership. This is accomplished by faxing or emailing scans of the front and back of your credit card along with your matching identification card. A scanner or a digital camera is required for this process. Once you have successfully completed this required process, you can use the same credit card for future orders without delay."

http://www.neostore.com/store/international.html

Edit: This very scenario has been ran through on these forums before... many of us shouldn't be surprised.

firenze

n00b
I placed an order from Neostore on March 18, and promptly received a confirmation email. Fedex tracking information shows that the package was received by FedEx the same day as my order, and departed the FedEx location the following day. Today, the package is currently on a FedEx truck out for delivery to my home. Doesn't seem to be any issue for me.

Doesn't look like NeoStore has disappered, my order seems to be going flawlessly.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

France is a high fraud country. For $800 I too would ask for a scan of the card to make sure you actually have it in hand. My company does this as well, I won't process any orders without a scan for that amount especially from France.

We actually ask for a scan of the cc and the cardholders license as well.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I picked up a new copy of KOF 2002 from Neostore.com, and given the fact my shipping address (home) and billing address (office) didnt match, I was asked to provide the phone number of my bank.

After I did that, the order was promptly shipped FedEX w/ all tracking info, and arrived in perfect condition.

I like the fact there was a check / balance system in place. Good to know he takes security seriously enough to make a customer prove ownership of a credit card. Its all too often a merchant doesnt care if there is fraud involved, as long as they get their money.

So while I dont know any details of this transaction, when I ordered I received the product, as described, in the timeframe promised, and I give the whole process a thumbs up

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah... I'm not sure what the big deal is... isn't it good to see a shop owner that requires extra validation before a purchase (especially a large one)?? I even appreciate when someone does something so small as to ask for my ID when using my cc at a store (as I write 'see id' on the signature portion).

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Well i tryed contact Shawn 2 weeks ago asking him about some PSU.....and got no response at moment...........vacation ???

[]'Macck

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member

Still you don't get the point.
Scans are needed to verify the credit card is legit. You can send them by fax,no need to put them online.
A charge back by the credit card company could happen if the card was stolen or not legit.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Then you will not get your items. I can relate to Shawn... you get told once... you do it and stop complaining. He doesn't care how many more emails you send until you do the one thing that was asked. The solution to your problem is in your own hands. Don't do it a different way because it will not happen.

Order Instructions:

"[Besides Britain/Ireland] Most other countries will not pass the AVS check. This is mainly because your credit card company is not on record with merchant services within the western world yet. In such an event, you will promoted to provide us with proof of credit card ownership. This is accomplished by faxing or emailing scans of the front and back of your credit card along with your matching identification card. A scanner or a digital camera is required for this process. Once you have successfully completed this required process, you can use the same credit card for future orders without delay."

Crap

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
My friend ordered a lot of stuff from neostore in the past, and shawn never claimed the credit card proof during the past. NEVER. That's not a question. And the only reason my friend does not speak and I speak is because his account is locked on the forums for an unknown reason.(already asked 2 times, never got a response from the administrators).

BTW, if the card was stolen ( with that crazy delay during response, shawn was not even worried of this order, we had absolutely NO REASON, NO EMAIL until we contacted him) it would have been detected long time ago. Order is at least 1 month long.

This is ALL BUT professional act from a communication point of view. And even more for money he already got on his account, it's a matter of respect.
It's quite strange treating customers like this. I mean, you order 800 USD of goods, are charged, and for weeks you got zero. zero email, zero communication. After SEVERAL EMAILS, a fast email " I need credit card blabla". Hey! WTF.

This is the last time we'll order from Neostore, for sure. That's not a real problem, in fact it is no more a neostore, it's a gigabyte hard disk store.

Regards

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Never trust a French man, I never have since they blew up the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland Harbour NZ, I was living there at the time.

Edit: having said that, I hope your goods come through soon.

Last edited:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
This is the last time we'll order from Neostore, for sure. That's not a real problem, in fact it is no more a neostore, it's a gigabyte hard disk store.

Regards

Now you're telling him. This should speed up your current order.

:tickled::hammer:

Merde ça craint cette histoire... I feel for your friend Waku, $800 charged for just a scan 'trade' so far... ouch..
Though as a buyer in the past, I think Shawn is totally trustworthy but quite busy at the moment. Please keep us updated Waku, as I've been planning to buy a few things from the Neostore...

(ps: et moi qui étais surpris qu'ils répondent pas à mon email dans lequel je leur demandait s'ils avaient du matos Crystal System :hammer: !)

firenze

n00b
I placed an order from Neostore on March 18, and promptly received a confirmation email. Fedex tracking information shows that the package was received by FedEx the same day as my order, and departed the FedEx location the following day. Today, the package is currently on a FedEx truck out for delivery to my home. Doesn't seem to be any issue for me.

Doesn't look like NeoStore has disappered, my order seems to be going flawlessly.

Following up, I did indeed receive my order yesterday at my US address. It shipped immediately (FedEx tracking showed it received within 24 hours of my order) and arrived quickly. Neostore is still working fine for me.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Why would you ask for an additional security measure after you've ran the charge and excepted the money from the card ? Shouldn't you ask for a scan before you run the card ?

That's like asking for ID after you've sold the booze to someone you think might be underage.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Why would you ask for an additional security measure after you've ran the charge and excepted the money from the card ? Shouldn't you ask for a scan before you run the card ?

That's like asking for ID after you've sold the booze to someone you think might be underage.

True... but you haven't given them the booze yet so you can still just give the money back if you find it fishy. Still be more pragmatic to ask first...but either way it gets the job done I guess. Maybe he also found something to be a little fishy after he already charged it so he wanted further verification before sending. Either way, if he has that listed as a rule/procedure for overseas buyers, what is the fuss about? The policy is there. Those things can be argued and discussed before a sale is even initiated, but once it is started, why then is it in an issue?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Well, I placed my Super MVS Convertor II order at the end of last week, and it got shipped right away today. It seems to me like the NeoStore is working perfectly. ;)