SHAWN-HELP! PLEASE REPRESENT US RE: SS0S!

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Shawn,

This deserves your immediate attention. SNKP has decided to mess things up AGAIN. For the Japanese market, it seems that they are fixing only SOME of the things taken out of the SS0S home cart. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96411 Obviously, this is NOT acceptable. SNKP and the people who sell their products are bound to loose many devoted customers if this type of thing continues. Please continue to represent us! Please tell SNKP that we want our games uncensored!

I know that you personally are aware of everything I am about to say, but it still needs to be condensed in one place. As the poll clearly shows, we do not want our games censored. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95743&highlight=poll Nearly EVERYONE is outraged, including the non English-speaking members of this board, and even the Japanese themselves. All of the arguments for censorship of the home game are completely ridiculous. We all know that the vast majority of English-speaking home system owners are adults. Few children even know about the home system anymore, and they certainly can't afford $350.00 cartridges. The Neo Geo home system is a niche item supported by hardcore fans, period. As someone else so eloquently pointed out, everyone (including small children) can see the uncensored version in arcades, yet adult home users can not.

Please do what you can to put an end to this!

Matsukaze

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
sunmoon.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Sheesh, just relax man. I have a suspicion that Shawn is aware people's dissatisfaction with the SSVS fiasco. He's working on it ....

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yup.

And if it doesn't seem to go through, it's (at least) worth trying to isolate the US release of the home cart. Even if they won't uncensor the Jap version, the US version SHOULD be a totally different matter.

EDIT: Damn. I was too slow. Now my sensible post is below flying asses & shit and nobody will notice it.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'm sure Shawn isn't very happy either. :oh_no:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Listen everybody. There's something you need to know about this thread:

NowLoading has me on his ignore list.

Thanks for your time.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
finngamer said:
EDIT: Damn. I was too slow. Now my sensible post is below flying asses & shit and nobody will notice it.

Sig material

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
whatever...

Thanks for the support! OBVIOUSLY, everyone disagrees with me. Censorship of a $350.00 game is a fantastic idea! Now that I have that out of my system, consider this. SNKP's brilliant plan to "half-fix" things is buried several posts down in a thread whose title makes it sound like everything is fine now. It's quite conceivable that Shawn has no idea what they're up to. How many of these posts do you think he reads? He's got better things to do. I've been an active member since early 2001, but I have 50 posts. I don't waste words. I felt this was a very necessary thread. For those of you being assholes, I'd like to see you do it to my face.

Matsukaze

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
matsukaze said:
Thanks for the support! OBVIOUSLY, everyone disagrees with me. Censorship of a $350.00 game is a fantastic idea! Now that I have that out of my system, consider this. SNKP's brilliant plan to "half-fix" things is buried several posts down in a thread whose title makes it sound like everything is fine now. It's quite conceivable that Shawn has no idea what they're up to. How many of these posts do you think he reads? He's got better things to do. I've been an active member since early 2001, but I have 50 posts. I don't waste words. I felt this was a very necessary thread. For those of you being assholes, I'd like to see you do it to my face.

Matsukaze

I could see this whole degeneration of the thread coming from the start of it before anyone else posted. I should've locked it straight off then.

No one disagrees with you. Problem is, everything you posted has been discussed at great length already. And if you don't think Shawn is on top of this, then perhaps you should check the front page at www.neo-geo.com which has Shawn's very own updates on the situation (obviously boiled down for the common public.)

I can assure you the man is following the situation VERY closely as he has a lot of sales at risk, not to mention the "happiness" of the Neo Geo fan base that he needs.

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hate repeating myself. I realize MOST of this has been said. However...

"I know that you personally are aware of everything I am about to say, but it still needs to be condensed in one place. "

"SNKP's brilliant plan to "half-fix" things is buried several posts down in a thread whose title makes it sound like everything is fine now."

Matsukaze

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Keep this up and I will kick 99% of all three of your asses. You have been warned.