Shadow: War Of Succession on the 3DO: The worst fighting game ever. (with Videos)

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Last edited:

J. Max

judas,
I agree. It's worse than Way of The Warrior or Kasumi Ninja...you have to play it to fully appreciate how bad it is.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow.
and you'd think a sword would help you out in a fighting game.
terrible.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
What's with the 3DO & crappy fighting games?

And I thought that the Nintendo 64 was pretty bad when it comes to the genre. :oh_no:

At least the 3DO has SamSho 1 & Super Street Fighter II Turbo though.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
check out the bass in that intro vid...so goood

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It's a testament to how awful it is that you can call it out on this forum and no one dares stand up for it.

The only explanation I ever heard for this game that made any sense was that the developers were angry at the publisher and purposely made it bad. You'd think when you watch the videos that we were just messing around, but we were honestly trying to figure out special moves. The most we came up with were a couple fireball moves and a sliding move.

Why can Anvil jump in midair before he hits the ground? Why is a guy allowed to bring a gun, but then shooting it is some kind of mystery special move? Why does the sword do no more damage than anything else? Why do the women make the same male gorilla noises as the men? Why are the backgrounds 2 frames of animation? Why so few characters? It's really just hilarious! I hope nobody bought this at full retail price.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm a fucking idiot. Delete.

Last edited:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Jesus. Nevermind. Wrong game.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Holy cunt, this shit is hilarious.

EGM had a feature on this and the worst they had to say about it was that you were trying to take over a criminal organization.

At the time the screenshots didn't look too bad though, probably why I'm so shocked with these "gameplay" vids.

Jesus...

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
I bought this game on eBay factory sealed for $1.20 about 10 years ago. What a deal right!? right?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I am so getting another 3DO just so I can get this game! It makes Way of the Warrior look good!

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
I'm glad that I had that game in one of those 3D0 demo disks, so I never bothered to buy it. :P

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Wow thats some pretty aweful, although funny as hell scheiBe.

"Prepare to eat lead baby!" :eek_2:

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Btw why does Carlos just shoot that fool? He's holding a shotgun or something. Maybe he forgot to load it?

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
I don't know, I is kind of tough to compete with "Dangerous Streets" for the Amiga CD 32 system for worst fighter. Here check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0gnPQndEI

At least shadow makes me laugh :)

Wtf?

128954451268422382.jpg

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Holy balls, the intro makes the CG in the Golgo 13 movie look like the best thing ever made.

I, too, recall this game being talked about in EGM way back when.