SF3 thread

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
I forgot to bring the guide with me to work so I can read up and try to find a way to not get totally owned by Yun. I'd probably just continue getting destroyed by Yuns across the world anyways.
fear my Q thats right mofo Q all up in dat ass

PS anyone have any good Q strats let me know

10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
You should stick with Ryu. When you land that super, it's MURDERINJURING
It doesnt seem to work with leet people. Since its slow comming out if they parry the first part they murederkill my stank ass.

10 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Butta's super is called the "lock checker" and he has to do it five or six times before it's effective.

Sad panda.

Later

butt0

PS. I forgot to mention Kiun murdered be yesterday with the nicest combo I'd seen to date in this game. The regular old chain into a special, into that super where everything hits multiple times. Juggled me across the whole screen and killed me. Had to have been a 16+ hit combo. It was fun to watch at least.

10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
PS. I forgot to mention Kiun murdered be yesterday with the nicest combo I'd seen to date in this game. The regular old chain into a special, into that super where everything hits multiple times. Juggled me across the whole screen and killed me. Had to have been a 16+ hit combo. It was fun to watch at least.
Yeah this guy killed me with necro in a similar fashion. It was a combo into a super and the super stunned me and he did the first combo again. I just sat back and watched.

10 Year Member
FatGuy said:
I just sat back and watched.

Mmmmmm...

You like to watch.

EDIT:
olsonav.gif

2nd EDIT: I'm ordering SFAC. You guys are going to have to teach me how to play 3rd Strike.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I cant wait to see if you guys got any better. Btw, hows the lag? It was hard to parry in CvS2 because of the lag, is this any better?

10 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Btw, hows the lag?
I never really get any lag. If there is its for a couple seconds. I think I have only had 2 or 3 matches out of about 100 where lag was an issue. Prepare to be murderlated.

10 Year Member
I just ordered SFAC from ncsx, faggots.

You guys really are going to have to teach me how to play it. I know hadoken, that's about it.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Hmmmm, FatGuy got some game now at SF3s?!? This will be interesting. Butta, who do you use in 3s? You own with Guile in every other SF incarnet that I've played you in and Remy is the most like Guile.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I just ordered SFAC from ncsx, faggots.

You guys really are going to have to teach me how to play it. I know hadoken, that's about it.

The best way to learn how to parry is in training. You can take any character and record a parry training lession. Then watch the comp parry every possible thing you throw at it, once you have finished you switch and try to parry every move that you just threw at the comp. Its very usefull, specialy if you need practice parrying a certain move(like supers, specialyu Chun-Li's hundred kick super).

The other thing I will do is take a whole round just to try and parry and it teaches me many things without getting fustrated cus I know Im going into knowing Im gunna loose. It teaches me the fighting styles of diff oppenents and sharpens my parry skills.

10 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
The best way to learn how to parry is in training. You can take any character and record a parry training lession. Then watch the comp parry every possible thing you throw at it, once you have finished you switch and try to parry every move that you just threw at the comp. Its very usefull, specialy if you need practice parrying a certain move(like supers, specialyu Chun-Li's hundred kick super).

The other thing I will do is take a whole round just to try and parry and it teaches me many things without getting fustrated cus I know Im going into knowing Im gunna loose. It teaches me the fighting styles of diff oppenents and sharpens my parry skills.

I shall be needing much more tips such as this.

10 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I shall be needing much more tips such as this.
Just play once you get it with a headset. Me and butta share cheapness tips and tricks and such. The best way to learn is playing good people and getting beat down.

10 Year Member
FatGuy said:
The best way to learn is playing good people and getting beat down.

Indeed I shall get beat down.... over and over and over and over again. I don't just suck at this game FatGuy, I really, really fucking suck.

PS: How do I use my hori stick with a headset... do I plug it into controller 2?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
More of you bitches need to play Hyper.

Can't wait to play more 3S against everyone. Gotta practice.

10 Year Member
Hopefully when SF3 comes out in America I'll be good enough to keep up with everyone else.

How good do you think I can get in three months?

10 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Hmmmm, FatGuy got some game now at SF3s?!? This will be interesting. Butta, who do you use in 3s? You own with Guile in every other SF incarnet that I've played you in and Remy is the most like Guile.

Remy and Akuma mostly. Trying to learn Dudley as well.

Stank Dankins, if you were good at previous SF's in the past, you should be able to get good in time, even if you don't learn to parry well. Although parrying can help you out immensly, it's not necessary to be good at the game, imo.

Also you talkin about the xbox hori stick? If so, just plug the headset dizzle in like a regular controller.

10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Remy and Akuma mostly. Trying to learn Dudley as well.

Stank Dankins, if you were good at previous SF's in the past, you should be able to get good in time, even if you don't learn to parry well. Although parrying can help you out immensly, it's not necessary to be good at the game, imo.

Also you talkin about the xbox hori stick? If so, just plug the headset dizzle in like a regular controller.

I was never really "good" at SF in the past I don't think. I mostly played as Ken or Ryu at the arcades as a kid like a cheap faggot, but I was decent with Guile too. I still remember the basic feeling of it though. I haven't played in a long, long time (against real human opponents that is, my buddies aren't really into the old school video game shit [because they're faggots]).

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
uhm, I need to get somewhere to live first \o/

Loopz said:
There's a UK version, go get an XBox you pasty mainstreamer.
:make_fac:

10 Year Member
kernow said:
sigh, wish I could be urie-owning you guys
I like playing urines as the corner traps play into my style. I have trouble with grapplers Hugo and Alex players own me the fuck up.
Its like parry throw and repeat :mad:
I have gotten better against Hugo.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Game Faq's dot com sucks ...at least for 2-D fighter games, the strategy guide is aight, but I got character FAQ's on Twelve, Hugo, Akuma, Remy, Q, Chun-Li, Yun, Urien, Sean & Alex all done that I could post up here. Good explanations of their supers, specials, EX moves, which supers to use and a good long list of good combos. Ryu is currently in the works.

Last edited: