SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
LWK it was really fun playing you, totally unexpected too since my friend and I just wanted to hop online for a few matches that weren't versus each other, then you appear :)

My friend wants to play you again sometime, he doesn't have PS3 so he'd have to do it through my account.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I disagree. The port may not be "perfect," but I wouldn't say it's "not good."

I'm with you man, I for one love the port. I just knew sooner or later someone was bound to bitch about something and I just wanna know what it is that makes it so " inferior".

Truth is, this will be the 3rdS I'll go by now, it's the game being used for constant competition wether is casual or not. I don't really give a fuck about PCB shenanigans, hell, I have access to it but it don't bother me none playing this. Same thing with Super Turbo; I have access to the cart but I always find myself playing HDR and that's the game I go by in all things Super T for now.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I have very little experience with the arcade version so I can't comment on that, but I think the game plays pretty well. I did notice issues with EX moves coming out but I thought that may have been the xTokki convertor I use with my PS2 HRAP acting up. But I played some SSF4 yesterday to see if there were any issues with that game and it was fine so who knows. This game is my only way of playing 3S against other people without travelling for at least two hours so I can handle it not being 100% arcade perfect. And I'm also a fairly casual 3S player so I'm not using this port to practice for SBO or anything.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I think 3SO is pretty damn good port. In my experience PSN online play is absolute garbage and XBL is mostly very playable with plently of green pings / yellow pings with little to no lag. I'd highly recommend that anyone who is playing only PSN to switch over to XBL before giving up on the game. That said I have noticed problems with EX moves also. There is definately something wrong as even using single buttons for 3P and 3K, EX moves frequently come out as normals, especially in combos. Makoto's low lk xx EX overhead is a notable culprit, it fails to be EX about half of the time. I've given up using the move as a result.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm gonna do some urien lessons next time we do games. if you guys have any interest in learnign the character, please pm me with wanted help, or where you're struggling.

I play this match well, check it if dudley is hurting you. Urien out prioritizes him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xR_KORTrcE&feature=related

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
think I got 4th at WNF. This dude who was recording recorded my match vs hung bee, I'll link that when its up tomorrow. Ended up being eliminated by paul lee, great guy. I choked on mid screen aegis XD

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah, i eliminated him in 3s, but I heard hes a genius in tekken. Seems like a cool guy, might get to know him. A lot of cool people. I barely found out mr naps is emphy last night.

I really wish more people here liked 3s. I'm willing to help anyone get better with what knowledge I have. Just log in and we'll discuss anything I can possibly help with =)

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
yeah, i eliminated him in 3s, but I heard hes a genius in tekken. Seems like a cool guy, might get to know him. A lot of cool people. I barely found out mr naps is emphy last night.

I really wish more people here liked 3s. I'm willing to help anyone get better with what knowledge I have. Just log in and we'll discuss anything I can possibly help with =)

I'll probably take you up on that offer. I need to go to Urien school with you. I use Urien as my 3rd character(I main Makoto and Yang) but I'm nothing more than a Urien scrub.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
3S is a one character career. Learn the engine then branch out. Very hard game to approach. You gotta really want to do it though man. Losing matches over and over is how you get exp in 3s. Trust me man.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It bothers me so much that Urien wears a thong. Why the fuck couldn't he fight in that badass suit that he burns it off before the fight?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
haha thats my favorite thing about him. I wanted to enter a team tourney with a friend and call it team diaperman

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
3S is a one character career. Learn the engine then branch out. Very hard game to approach. You gotta really want to do it though man. Losing matches over and over is how you get exp in 3s. Trust me man.
LOL jeez you make me sound like I'm a n00b, I mean of of course you get better by losing, that's my philosophy. We'll have to agree to disagree on the one character career thing. I don't think any game is a one character career game, not even VF.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Well, if you wanna master more then one character, prepare to give up your life. I consider VF the perfect example of a one character career mindset. That game is ridiculous.

I don't know where you're at in 3S, but I used to think I was good ages ago, and I look this game entirely different from then.
This game works in waves of learning.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It bothers me so much that Urien wears a thong. Why the fuck couldn't he fight in that badass suit that he burns it off before the fight?

I disagree, nothing is better than beating someone with a 6'8'' Mexican in a thong.