Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
1927 - 2020

maxresdefault.jpg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
RIP, Jerry.

I can faintly hear it from above... I WANT PIZZA!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kirk Douglas and Jerry Stiller were on my dead pool this year.

Two guys that lived very long, fulfilling lives and will be remembered for decades to come.

Jerry, this beer's for you. Salute.

Fun fact: Jerry Stiller was 5'5''.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
jerry.png

I was in shock. Jerry Seinfeld?

I opened the thread. It's Jerry Stiller.

and it's still just as sad. RIP.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
RIP indeed...the man had superb comedic timing and presentation. His role as Frank Costanza was one of my favorite sub plots on Seinfeld.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We all watched Jerry when he was way over the hill, in his 60s, so here's a vid from when he was in the prime of his life just a few days after turning 37, doing a bit with his wife on Ed Sullivan:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Funny, I just watched that 80s movie Hot Pursuit just the other day. He played a good bad guy.

Safe travels across the river Styx.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
He was great in an episode of Tales from the Darkside, as well. He's a right wing radio host whose rage slowly turns him into a demon.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Aaaah man, RIP to one of the greats, much respect...

Loved that feisty, roasting brand of comedy similar to Don Rickles, another legend who also passed a few years ago.

Luckily the talent ran in the family leaving behind his son Ben Stiller and Tropic Thunder by extension!

Some tributes from his cast mates including King of Queens:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/jerry-seinfeld-jason-alexander-share-tributes-to-jerry-stiller/

I mainly knew him from Seinfeld like others but I did occasionally catch him on King of Queens.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I never saw Zoolander, but outside of Tropic Thunder and Happy Gilmore, I didn’t find Ben Stiller that funny.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Kirk Douglas and Jerry Stiller were on my dead pool this year.

Two guys that lived very long, fulfilling lives and will be remembered for decades to come.

Jerry, this beer's for you. Salute.

Fun fact: Jerry Stiller was 5'5''.

Kirk Douglas would be a good bet as I saw him on tv not that long ago and I believe his time is near!

Rip Jerry, Arthur from king of queens is one of the funniest characters of all time in my opinion. Ben stiller doesn’t have half the comedic ability his father had.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
I never saw Zoolander, but outside of Tropic Thunder and Happy Gilmore, I didn’t find Ben Stiller that funny.

Eh, definitely don't watch Zoolander then, purty horrible, your opinion of Ben will be lowered... Watch The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) instead, more adventure/drama than comedy, but enjoyable.

Ben stiller doesn’t have half the comedic ability his father had.

I didn't intend for any straight talent comparison between Father & Son, they're both talented/accomplished titans in their own ways, but if I had to choose, yeah, Papa Stiller's shtick of a bitter/high-energy/feisty old man "telling-it-like-it-is" to the young douchebags around him is far funnier to me.

You still gotta give a lot of credit to Ben for writing/directing/producing something like Tropic Thunder - he was the brains behind the operation.

Yeah, I'd wager most people love that movie because of (1) Robert Downey Jr. and (2) Tom Cruise's (initially secret) role of Les "F*ck-your-own-face!" Grossman and not for Ben's likable-but-dumb/dopey character (per usual).

From what I remember, it was Cruise's idea for the epic end credits dance and Ben picked the music and what not. Great creative collaboration!

Took guts even then to make that movie, and you certainly couldn't make it now given the blackface aspect... Robert Downey is fortunate he didn't face any backlash/blacklisting for that role!

Also, don't forget a classic like There's Something About Mary (1998). Gotta give Ben props there too!

On topic:

Jerry Stiller was a brilliant comedian who exemplified kindness and generosity and showed us it’s never too late for a second act. From his work with his comedy partner and beloved wife of over 60 years Anne Meara to Festivus for the rest of us, he gave generations the gift of laughter and so much more than that. We’ve lost a friend, valued member of the Sony family for almost three decades and a true king. Our hearts go out to his family.
Jerry-Stiller2020-Tribute.jpg