[Sensation] New Kizuna #6 found in germany...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Some people have more dollars than cents. Hehehe

buster_broon

The Rock,
could never get by super king Lion or whatever his name was

i wold hate to spend $16k on a cart i would get so furious with that i wanted to punch it

just buy the PS2 Fu un super combo

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
If I was collecting Neo-Geo games I would be all over it if I had the money, too. If you collect, you want to complete that collection and as long as it is missing Euro Kizuna and Ultima 11, you will forever feel bad. And it is certainly nice to brag about owning them.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm still waiting for that day, far off into the future, where someone stumbles across a huge, dusty box with about 500 of these, in the corner of some obscure European warehouse.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I'm still waiting for that day, far off into the future, where someone stumbles across a huge, dusty box with about 500 of these, in the corner of some obscure European warehouse.

So right Dan, its just bound to happen eventually, no way did 5 - 6 make it out lol.

Shawn probably has em all.

He'll probably sell off his copy for like $16K then about a month later he'll go "omgz i found 500 in a cupboard!!" :mr_t:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Seems likely that if this is legit it would be in Germany, since some of the previous surfaced there as well.

Forgive my skepticism on this though. Until it's confirmed by Shawn or someone else trustworthy I can't see this being #6.

I also agree with NeoD though, pretty much no one cares anymore about teh rarez Euro Kizuna, not like they used to at least.

I just want to go on record as saying I never cared about the Euro Kizuna.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Maro must have had more of them, not only one.

I'm quite sure that here are at least 15 or more Euro Kizunas still floating around. The fact that the owner of #6 didn't even know that the cart is so sought-after is proof for me that we'll see more of those "sleeper Kizunas" in the future.

Well, personally I would have cleaned the cart of fingerprints before taking a pic but at least it shows that the owner actually plays/played the game instead of putting it in an air-tight container behind UV-proof glass. Kizuna is a great game, and IMO it's more than just "Savage Reign with Tagging" but that's probably just me.

aria

Former Moderator
Not really a sensation.
I was a costumer of maro ( was the last shop that did sell neo-geo games later in germany) too back then and i remember they did offer me this game back then. I asked what is it like and they said savage reign with tag battle and so i did not buy that game.
I can confirm Maro had at least 1 cart of that game.
Oh and i dont care if you beleave me or not.

Wow! A dinosaur! (just kidding, I did a double take when I saw your join date and number of posts)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
no kind sir, i said that i would hate to spend that amount of money on a game

so buy the Fu un super combo instead which we all know should be around 20-50usd

:)

Waaaaay ahead of you on that one fella... had Fuun Combo for months :D
I have a super minty rare euro copy that you can only buy in Germany :tickled:

@ NeoD - stop blaming Shawn, we all know you have said box - I've seen it...

Either that or they're at Telegames.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Shawn has them in his cave i assure you, hes some sort of Neo Criminal.

Infact i bet he has all the Euro Kizuna Inserts as his bathroom wallpaper.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Wow! A dinosaur! (just kidding, I did a double take when I saw your join date and number of posts)

Yeah was member 7 or 8 as far as i remember here.
To bad you cant see that anymore.
Gave up collecting Neo-Geo games back in 2000 so i stop by from time to time but mostly dont post anything.

aria

Former Moderator
Yeah was member 7 or 8 as far as i remember here.
To bad you cant see that anymore.
Gave up collecting Neo-Geo games back in 2000 so i stop by from time to time but mostly dont post anything.

According to the URL of your user profile, you're User #9. They're not quite accurate as to the original-join dates, the numbers are a bit lower than they were because of previous purges of 0-1 post accounts. Thanks for keeping up with us :)

Giancana

n00b
Only when the seventh cartridge has been uncovered can our dark lord rise again from his watery grave. :loco:

andrewmonaxa8.jpg

BenimaruN

Overtop Pathfinder

Pfft, he's got me beat by a few months.

Back to Kizuna. I agree with Dan, how the fuck can a game be this rare? Isn't it impossible to have a production run in the single digits? Even double digits? If I was going to fire up the ole' factory I'd need an order for at least 100. There have to be crates full of this crap somewhere in the world. Did any one check the closets at Sega HQ?

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Pfft, he's got me beat by a few months.

Back to Kizuna. I agree with Dan, how the fuck can a game be this rare? Isn't it impossible to have a production run in the single digits? Even double digits? If I was going to fire up the ole' factory I'd need an order for at least 100. There have to be crates full of this crap somewhere in the world. Did any one check the closets at Sega HQ?

I thought the assumption was that the Euro copies of Kizuna were recalled by SNK and then turned back into Japanese versions like they did alot at the time. Just a matter of a sticker, insert and manual change. Seems like the most logical scenario.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I thought the assumption was that the Euro copies of Kizuna were recalled by SNK and then turned back into Japanese versions like they did alot at the time. Just a matter of a sticker, insert and manual change. Seems like the most logical scenario.

Of course that is what happened, Kizuna didn't sell well.

Also, the trolling in this thread, hardly were people drooling over the chance of obtaining one, but it's an interesting snippet of Neo-Geo history.

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Here is the Kizuna Story:

1.) Kizuna was delivered to SNK London in 1996 and SNK London send copys of them to Maro (official NeoGeo Partner for Germany) in Stuttgart.

2.) In China a big ROM Manufacture burn in flames and ROM-Chips getting rare and Prices for ROM-Chips grow. (approved by Mr. Hosoya)

3.) SNK Osaka need ROM for their new MVS Releases and ordered all games back to Japan. Because the have more profit in MVS than in AES

4.) SNK London send all Kizuna back to Japan, but only 1 order was delivered in Europe and this was to Maro in Stuttgart.

5.) This all happens in very short time

6.) Maro only sell a few Kizuna Encounter in 1996, because people give their hard earned money for Real Bout and Metal Slug, not for Kizuna.

7.) This is reason, almost most of the Kizuna come from Germany. And in Germany only a few Kizuna sold. And this are since today up to 6 Pieces!!

8.) Today there are more Kizuna in Germany, but not many... (I think not more than 10)
People how collect NeoGeo games in 1996, have today family and dont interested in this hobby anymore and dont know what they have in a tiny box in their attics.

9.) The owner of Kizuna #6 dont know about its rarity. A friend of him read about the rarity of Kizuna and than both began search in internet and ask in Planet-SNK forums about this game an post some pics and more of it... And this version is a real one!! No Fake!!!
And he have some more rare games from this time, like Metal Slug, and dont know how many money this is today...

Last edited:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I dont know where you came up with that story, but you are WAY WAY off. The fact is Double Dragon, Kizuna, and U11 ALL were printed outside of SNK Japan (ie Europe). If you have ever actually seen these carts please inspect the inserts and you will notice they are all printed at the same facility, and it is NOT the usual SNK Japan.

SNK never recalled this game, and would never bother to unsolder chips from an AES release and use it in an MVS release. SNK Europe printed as many as they could sell, which was not many. It is hella rare, just like U11, but the story is typical BS stories you get in these forums.

ChrisR

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Shawn has them in his cave i assure you, hes some sort of Neo Criminal.

Infact i bet he has all the Euro Kizuna Inserts as his bathroom wallpaper.

Seriously though, I thought they were all put in a landfill in the Arizona desert.