Self quarantine activities.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Masturbating but that's normal.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Burpees, sit-ups and weights. It is time to develop a 6 pack.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

I had two eggs sunny side up, a salami sandwich and a nice Pilsner Urquell.

Breakfast of the champignons
champignon.png

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
NSW has gone into lockdown and besides “will they close the schools?”, the most asked question was “will they close the liquor stores?!”.

The answer was no, of course.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If they close the liquor stores I will be headline news.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was slightly worried, I won’t lie, but there are a few booze delivery services which are marketing to those who are self isolating. Australia will find a way.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
My gym closed down last month that I normally lift weights at so I’ll be lifting from home with my limited weights collection. I will also be reading a ww2 book . I need to work on my space invaders cocktail arcade game with a deep cleaning,

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's finally time to show everyone that hoarding videogames was a good idea....
Except I'm not really playing anything old.

Despite being stuck at home, I've been ridiculously busy with work.
Mostly boardgames that i've babbled about in the neo BG thread.

Some miniature painting, as discussed in the 40k thread.

What I'm hoping I get to do? Maybe play chrono trigger or some other classic JRPG. None of this new JRPG nonsense.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Is every game archived online? I miss playing The Deep Cave when my 360 was alive.

More or less. There's torrents out there containing every XBLA game and every game from their indie program. The retail games you have to grab piecemeal (or burn them off of your discs) but you can find pretty much everything (including Japanese stuff like the Cave games). The only pain in the ass is title updates and DLC. Some of the custom dashboards have automated processes to pull down title updates but a lot of the websites that acted as the backend have since died/been shut down. DLC is its own headache. I got 1,500+ tracks loaded in to Rock Band 3 but figuring out what goes where on the HDD for that was a nightmare.

It's been laborious at times and I'm sure I'll end up spending more time loading all of this shit on to the machine than I will playing any of it (although I've already played thru my two favorite games from that generation) but all of the archiving and the problem solving to get this working is fun for me... plus it means I don't have bookshelves full of plastic crap I'll never use.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Overthinking, a lot of o v e r t h i n k i n g.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Overthinking, a lot of o v e r t h i n k i n g.

The most I've been thinking about, when this all settles down, is how the world will react to China's government causing this much damage. If they never went full-Chernobyl and didn't arrest doctors and scientists for 'spreading rumors', then it wouldn't have gotten this bad I'd think. Of course calling it the Chinese flu is racist now so already a bunch of simps are unknowingly buying into the CCP narrative.

I've said it before but wars have been started over smaller things than this.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

That's why there won't be one: thing's grew already too big. War-starters have a pretty low threshold by tradition and even more so, since the red-button was presented to the public. Pushing it means suicide, which is what making a war out of Corona would end in for the one with the itchy finger. Plz [redact]... your thoughts, Sage, you're getting paranoid. Though I would probably, too, if I was in China right now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The most I've been thinking about, when this all settles down, is how the world will react to China's government causing this much damage. If they never went full-Chernobyl and didn't arrest doctors and scientists for 'spreading rumors', then it wouldn't have gotten this bad I'd think. Of course calling it the Chinese flu is racist now so already a bunch of simps are unknowingly buying into the CCP narrative.

If someone calls it the Chinese flu, remind them they are on the Chinese staycation, and if they are American, they are about to receive a Chinese Stimulus Check.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Though I would probably, too, if I was in China right now.

Nothing surprises me in China, anymore, nothing. When news hit that an entire province was locked down, and the room got real serious and quiet, I really couldn't give a shit because it was bound to happen. I'm just a cloud drifting through.

I'm ready for anti-foreigner sentiment to amp up in the coming months, i.e. Boxer Rebellion 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I heard some parks in Beijing are open, so I decided to go to Zhongshan Park (a small but neat one dedicated to Sun Yat-sen, literally right next to the Forbidden City).

I get there, and two policemen (whole area is crawling with them, as usual) ask to see my passport, then ask me why I'm here. I say because I want to walk through a park. They respond, you can't walk somewhere else? Then they ask when was the last time I entered China, where's my visa and where do I work. I answer them all, no problem. Then they ask to see my entrance-exit card for my apartment complex. I give it to them. I have answered all their questions, proven I've been in China since before shit hit the fan publicly, and they still say, "We're going to need to take your passport to double-check some things." I ask, "How long's that gonna take?" And they say, "Hard to say."

The moment they asked me why I'm at a park is the moment I knew I was not getting in, but when he said 'hard to say' is when I chose to bow it. Grabbed my passport and everything else and just walked away.

Ended up going to the other park with a hill that has a great view over the Forbidden City, but anyways. That was my day today.

Yup. Can't wait for school to start and for everyone to be scared of me because the CCP has told everyone that China is safe and that foreign countries are all done for with coronavirus. RageSage is seeping through with every 6L night.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Come home sage, for the love of Mao, come home.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm still slogging into work as normal everyday, so my only extra quarantine free time is on the weekends. Before the shit went down I had finally put my old Miata back together, and now when I have spare time I keep doing little things that it needs. Yesterday I replaced the window regulator, which it's been needing for years.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Build your own taco bar for lunch at work today. I shit you not.

They gave us nazi checkpoint papers to prove we are "essential" and went about their normal idiocy.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The moment they asked me why I'm at a park is the moment I knew I was not getting in, but when he said 'hard to say' is when I chose to bow it. Grabbed my passport and everything else and just walked away.

Well, it's a wise gambler who knows when his luck has run out.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I normally mostly work from home, so this whole situation hasn't changed my work almost at all. I like to stay at home and do things anyway.

Sportwise...well, I have my own "dojo room" at home with tatami, heavy bag, focus and thai pads, weights etc. I can train with my wife and son at home. I'm currently in quite fat shape, I'm 210lbs and 185lbs would be optimal for me, so maybe this is opportunity to get in better shape.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I normally mostly work from home, so this whole situation hasn't changed my work almost at all. I like to stay at home and do things anyway.

Sportwise...well, I have my own "dojo room" at home with tatami, heavy bag, focus and thai pads, weights etc. I can train with my wife and son at home. I'm currently in quite fat shape, I'm 210lbs and 185lbs would be optimal for me, so maybe this is opportunity to get in better shape.

Where did you get your tatami from?