SELECT button acting as COIN - Is this normal?

Hey guys,

I have a 4-slot machine with a MV-4F board that I recently purchased and put a Unibios 3.1 on.

Whenever I have only one game inserted, when I press the SELECT button it gives player 1 credits. I don't know why it would do this since both coin slots work just fine.

Also, when I have multiple games inserted, SELECT doesn't do anything at all. Only until I give a player credit with the coin slots does SELECT actually start working the way it's supposed to and scroll through the games.

Is this normal behavior? I remember before I put the Unibios in that SELECT scrolled through the games without me having to put a credit in. I checked the hard dip settings and they're all set to 0.

Can anyone help me figure out if this normal or a setting somewhere? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just couldn't figure it out. :scratch:Thanks!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
In the Unibios do you have it set to MVS or is it set to AES mode?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I do know that with my 1FZ and unibios 3.1 it adds credits when pressing select. Worth reading the guide you should have got with it, or ask Razoola.

http://unibios.free.fr/faq.html

found my answer.

Q: Why am I unable to change game on my multislot with the UNIVERSE BIOS?
A: This is because the UNIVERSE BIOS resets all your SoftDIP settings to ensure correct compatability. Simply go into the Cabinet softDIP settings (in test mode) and set the 'game select' SoftDIP to either 'free' or 'anytime' and you will be able to swap games as before.

i swear i read the entire damn book, i cant believe i missed the faq page! lol

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's normal when you have a Unibios. If you want to disable it, go into the Unibios settings and disable input crossing.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes, on a multislot select will insert coin when only one game inserted. If you have more than one game then select will no longer insert coin. At the same time select will not cycle through games during attract mode unless the game select option in the softDIPs is set to free.