Sega Teases Sequels of Classic Games - Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Golden Axe, SOR

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The thing I see as problematic is that there doesn't seem to be anyone at the wheel. Sega was the people that where making the games, the producers, the inhouse teams. From the president down. As of years ago there's no one home. You are left with western enthusiasts and M2 or whoever filling in and it just isn't good enough. At all.

These sequels reboots remakes become seriously wasted opportunities. But... who cares other than a bunch of old nerds? Sega was a moment in time. All these companies where. Be happy that you where there when it happened

I for one wish for a new Space Harrier. Done right obviously. I know Suzuki is doing something of the sort and it looks excellent

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
The jet set radio clips don't seem to continue the cartoon aesthetic of the previous games. Will have to see if realistic looking jsr is worth bothering with, the game was more style over substance anyway, exploring cool environments in a quirky cartoon world, I don't think anyone has ever said the gameplay or controls of jsr were intrinsically fun to play.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The jet set radio clips don't seem to continue the cartoon aesthetic of the previous games. Will have to see if realistic looking jsr is worth bothering with, the game was more style over substance anyway, exploring cool environments in a quirky cartoon world, I don't think anyone has ever said the gameplay or controls of jsr were intrinsically fun to play.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I don't think anyone has ever said the gameplay or controls of jsr were intrinsically fun to play
It could be though. With well designed levels and good controls it would be a blast to see how long you can stretch grinds for. Jsr was always loaded with never realized potential.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Great that sega is revisiting there past ip but i'll reserve judgement until these games are released.Since,sega of today isn't the same company anymore unless there out sourcing for these reboots.I just hope shinobi,crazy taxi,streets of rage and golden axe turn out right.Still it's frustrating as ever sega has yet to make a new virtura fighter finally.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I would personally love to see them create deep fear 2 or at least give it to a developer to do

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Yakuza is better than anything they did in the 90s lol.
giphy.webp

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The thing I see as problematic is that there doesn't seem to be anyone at the wheel. Sega was the people that where making the games, the producers, the inhouse teams. From the president down. As of years ago there's no one home. You are left with western enthusiasts and M2 or whoever filling in and it just isn't good enough. At all.

These sequels reboots remakes become seriously wasted opportunities. But... who cares other than a bunch of old nerds? Sega was a moment in time. All these companies where. Be happy that you where there when it happened

I for one wish for a new Space Harrier. Done right obviously. I know Suzuki is doing something of the sort and it looks excellent
Air twister is cool. Weird like Queen music.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Air twister is cool. Weird like Queen music.

+1
Been playing the hell out of Air Twister. A lot of the more interesting added mechanics/additions to the Space Harrier formula are oddly hidden behind the character unlock section, but it’s been a lot of fun regardless. Had fun 1CCing this one.

Asura Striker is another one to keep an eye on. The demo on steam for this one was fantastic too:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Can we get a Jet Set Willy reboot? Maybe some Manic Miner?