Sega Teases Sequels of Classic Games - Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Golden Axe, SOR

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
+1
Been playing the hell out of Air Twister. A lot of the more interesting added mechanics/additions to the Space Harrier formula are oddly hidden behind the character unlock section, but it’s been a lot of fun regardless. Had fun 1CCing this one.

Asura Striker is another one to keep an eye on. The demo on steam for this one was fantastic too:
All the testosterone just left my body watching that

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hmmm...

A coupe of those look like they may not be horrible or might even be proper remakes but I'm not going to hold my breath. I really want that JSR remake to be good though. I'd also love to see a new Outrun and Panzer Dragoon Zwei get proper treatment.

I’ll pay whatever amount of money it takes to play a remade Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

It’s definitely the best shooter in the series though I thought Orta was really good too. Only reason I bought an Xbox back in the day was to play PDO.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Supposedly the second game is still in development. We'll see

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hopefully it's better than the first remake. That one feels kind of soulless.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The thing I see as problematic is that there doesn't seem to be anyone at the wheel. Sega was the people that where making the games, the producers, the inhouse teams. From the president down. As of years ago there's no one home. You are left with western enthusiasts and M2 or whoever filling in and it just isn't good enough. At all.

These sequels reboots remakes become seriously wasted opportunities. But... who cares other than a bunch of old nerds? Sega was a moment in time. All these companies where. Be happy that you where there when it happened
This was a good post. We're all just old men who want a taste of that video game magic we believed in when we were kids. It hurts when the reality sets in that we'll never feel that again.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This was a good post. We're all just old men who want a taste of that video game magic we believed in when we were kids. It hurts when the reality sets in that we'll never feel that again.

The magic is still there it just comes less often.

I’m playing Baldurs Gate 3 right now and it has some of the special sauce of yore.