Sega Saturn Help

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
Well, I was browsing my favorite thrift store today looking for complete NES/Genesis games like I always do until my eyes saw a Sega Saturn box. Now my heart started racing and I tried to be cool (always wanted a saturn). I look over and I notice the price tag was $4.99, trying not to rip the thing apart I quickly realized why it was $5. It only has the system (in great condition), demo disc, 4 stickers, manual, and registration card.

My point of the topic is this, no doubt am I going to have finally use ebay (hard to believe being on the internet all these years I am finally goign to start using ebay. Used it once at someone elses house and was scammed) but, I need to ask what I might have to pay for some parts:

Controller
A/V cord
Power cord
Anything else needed?

I tried searching for a price guide but I figured there are alot of Saturn collectors who could probably tell me.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
TrailerTrash said:
I tried searching for a price guide but I figured there are alot of Saturn collectors who could probably tell me.
There's a nice little search engine feature built into eBay.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
TrailerTrash said:
Well, I was browsing my favorite thrift store today looking for complete NES/Genesis games like I always do until my eyes saw a Sega Saturn box. Now my heart started racing and I tried to be cool (always wanted a saturn). I look over and I notice the price tag was $4.99, trying not to rip the thing apart I quickly realized why it was $5. It only has the system (in great condition), demo disc, 4 stickers, manual, and registration card.

My point of the topic is this, no doubt am I going to have finally use ebay (hard to believe being on the internet all these years I am finally goign to start using ebay. Used it once at someone elses house and was scammed) but, I need to ask what I might have to pay for some parts:

Controller
A/V cord
Power cord
Anything else needed?

You'll prolly find someone here that could sell you this stuff. Or try a used game shop in your city, bound to find something.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Saturn accessories cost less than a six pack of popsicles. Shipping would be more expensive than the hardware.

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks for the fast reply, I do realize ebay has a search feature but I want to know what the average price is. I already tried the GAmestops/EB games around me but I cleaned them out of there old system stuff not long ago. $.45 Genesis controllers and $.50 DC controllers to last me a lifetime :buttrock: :chimp:

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Well this weekend or if I have time this week after work I'll go have a look for you. We have tons of used game stores other then those major companies.

Cool?

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
In general, running an eBay search (both for active and for expired items) and averaging the winning bids will give you a fairly accurate going price for video gaming hardware and software. You can usually expect to pay a little above eBay prices if you buy from a store or forum member.

You'll be able to net yourself a full set of Saturn hardware for the price of a McDonalds Combo Meal if you hunt around on eBay for a seller whose trying to offload power cords, A/V cables, and controllers.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
the psx AC cord will work on a saturn....

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yeah any of the PS or Dreamcast cords will work on a saturn.

As for the video cord, if you have a Rhinos near you they sometimes have third party ones in stock.

As for controllers, eBay is probably your best bet. Maybe get one of the analog pads too.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Maybe get one of the analog pads too.

Especially if you get Nights :D

PS: Don't forget to buy Panzer Dragoon Zwei. It's the best game in the series (shooter wise, pds is a whole other story).