Sega Neptune Build

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Just a heads up, this video is about him building his own Neptune, not finding a prototype or anything like that. Still pretty cool, I like the case a lot.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Pretty cool and looks nice. I heard about the project to make a printable shell in the past year. At the time it was something extremely high like 7 or 800 bucks to get all the necessary parts printed, which is kind of gatekeeping. Wonder if the cost for the shell has come down at all in the meantime.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
He said in the video that with all the options he chose the shell alone was over $300.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I need that shell, but not for $300. I built a few Neptunes like a decade ago.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Well, she did her best to protect you from utter garbage but she failed in the end
Actually the game store convinced me to buy a PlayStation when I went to buy a used Saturn there. I ended up working at that store during college.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What is a Neptune? Just a fantasy console that’s pretending not to be a 32x?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
What on earth were sega doing in the nineties. I'm sure I could have made better decisions

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Sega had good ideas and cool hardware, problem was they released too many hardware variations/add-ons in a short amount of time and half ass supported them. This disillusioned customers who had just purchased a Sega CD, 32X and Saturn.

Back before I was working my parents weren’t about to buy me every new console that came out. I got one per generation and was happy to have that.

Unfortunately by the time the Dreamcast came around which was actually a quality machine the damage was done and with the impending launch of the PS2 with DVD support marked the end of an era for Sega.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
France is fucked up.
giphy.gif

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
What cool hardware?!
Everything between md and DC was a disaster. I'd have sacked the whole hardware team many times over, and management. They barely had a clue what they were doing and just threw anything out there.

I've never been a big sega fan though tbh. Meh

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I happen to like the CDX and Wonder Mega, but I suppose there was a lot of redundancy to get there.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I happen to like the CDX and Wonder Mega, but I suppose there was a lot of redundancy to get there.
The Wondermega (RG-M1) is still one of the coolest looking consoles ever made. Looks like something right out of Blade Runner. But yeah completely redundant.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My Neptune stopped playing 32x carts, no problems with Genesis/MD. Eventually I'll get it fixed by someone.