Sega Naomi and Capcom I/O

mdm

Rugal's Thug
I have a quick question - I'm aware that Sega Naomi needs its own power supply due to 3.3V being required (Arcade power supplies doesn't have that voltage), but would having a Capcom I/O to JAMMA erases the need for the 3.3V line going to the Naomi?

Thanks

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
The Capcom I/O can power a Naomi 1 motherboard but not both the motherboard and GD-Rom drive. If I remember correctly it can power a Naomi 2 and GD-rom. I might be mistaken about the second one...

mdm

Rugal's Thug
The Capcom I/O can power a Naomi 1 motherboard but not both the motherboard and GD-Rom drive. If I remember correctly it can power a Naomi 2 and GD-rom. I might be mistaken about the second one...

That's perfect for me, I only have Naomi 1 motherboard and no GD-Rom drive.

Now, where can I find one that won't cost me 300 dollars? (eBay)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Yeah the Capcom I/o and a cart system will be all you need with a regular PSU. I've got both for sale right now, PM me if you're looking. (plug :shame:)

The capcom I/o and N2 + GDrom, I've heard it'll work without an extra PSU but is a slow painful death for your original power supply. You'll likely want to run the Naomi off its own supply. Not speaking from experience, just what I've heard.