Sega Arcade Systems

mdm

Rugal's Thug
I'll confess right off the bat that I'm a huge Sega fanboy... Anyway.

Do anybody know where I can obtain the following Sega arcade systems (no cabinet, just motherboard or game): Sega HIKARU, Sega Chihiro, or Sega Triforce?

eBay never had any of them up for sale, ever. Google yielded nothing.

Is buying the complete cabinet the only way to get my hand on them?

Odd how Sega NAOMI 2 is pretty common, games easy to find, everything, but everything after that is pretty much impossible to find...

EDIT: I meant cabinet, not console that I'm not looking for.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Coinopexpress has those things, but they will be expensive. May just be best to find people selling the games they came on. 9 times outta 10, they aren't going to know the name of the system anyhow. Hell, wasn't Chihiro Outrun 2? Triforce was F Zero.. mayabe Mario Kart? I'm a big fan, and even I don't know what games were what hardware. Good luck.

kyuzo

n00b
I've seen a couple come by on yahoo japan recently, though the shipping would be a pain...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Actually saw someone over at the sega-naomi site selling a few of these just now.

mdm

Rugal's Thug
I'll take a look there, thanks!

I have another question - I have a Revolver supergun from Dean at Multimods and a custom home-made crappy supergun that is pretty much unfinished.

I can get NAOMI to start up and display graphic using my crappy unfinished Supergun, but not with Revolver.

My supergun outputs -5V, while Revolver doesn't. Am I correct in my assumption that Capcom I/O connecting the NAOMI to JAMMA requires -5V power in order to function? I know NAOMI doesn't need the -5V power...

Thanks, again!

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
All the Sega Chihiro and Hikaru games are shooting and driving games with unique controls, it would be a mess to try and play these in anything but a dedicated cab.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Christ he has asked for some of the most rare, expensive and setup unfriendly hardware all in one go. As suggested the only place that is going to be able to get you this gear right of the bat is coin-op express. I sure would like a brave firefighter, Virtua Cop 3 and house of the dead 3 myself.

But let me stress this. A BARE MOTHERBOARD WILL NOT DUE. All those hardware are truly dedicated and you will need a whole cab to play unless you only intend to collect the bare pcb to only look at them.

Ebay did once have a virtual cop 3 mobo up ONCE

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I have seen a chihiro setup on ebay once that was pulled from an Outrun 2. It went for almost as much as a shipped Outrun 2 cab. That was just for a bare Chihiro mobo -- no GDRom, etc.

Anyways, very dedicated and very expensive. I learned this the hard way when I purchased an Outrun 2 project cab that will now probably be converted to an Outrun2 xbox cab or parted out and trashed because of this.