Seem to have been sold conversion carts of Garou Mark of the Wolves, svc chaos samsho 5

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Edit:

The MOTW and Svc Chaos inserts look pretty dark. Don't know about SSV. That buring fight insert looks much darker too. The game and manual look legit.

Pop them open.

Motw and Svc Chaos are common bootlegs. SSV not so much.

Last edited:

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
well, guy said they were legit, so ebay money back actually works for a change, the inserts looked okay to me, but those unlocked characters in svc chaos and garou are definitely wrong. Going to try looking inside of svc chaos and see what's inside.

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
Anyone have a guide for opening the carts without damage, I don't remember exactly how to do it

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I believe JNX has a tutorial on how to open up aes carts. Take some pics and post them when you get a chance.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yes it's JAMMA nation X under Aes Tutorials. Good luck

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
svc chaos appears to be modded, but otherwise certainly looks legitimate and factory solder, I'll post pictures soon

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
open

solder is perfect

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
That's normal for this game - it's an address signal fix applied by SNK.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
First of all, spending $2k on eBay for home carts without getting board pics is asking for it.

That said, I'm no expert but it looks legit to me. Having the bosses unlocked is puzzling, does having a unibios automatically unlock stuff? Or are you using one of Turf's memory cards?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Games look legit to me. Well, except for Blue's Journey. Not sure about that one ;)

Is $2000 a good deal for these though, even if legit? lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Considering what MOTW and SVC Chaos go for on ebay, yea maybe.

Definitely not a bro price deal but for ebay he would have probably paid over 2 if he bought them separately.

Last edited:

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
turns out I have a debug bios, did not see that coming as I actually bought the neo geo at a junk shop

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Now that's an interesting twist finding out you have that due to how those games were responding. Lucky I suppose.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Edit:

The MOTW and Svc Chaos inserts look pretty dark. Don't know about SSV. That buring fight insert looks much darker too. The game and manual look legit.

Pop them open.

Motw and Svc Chaos are common bootlegs. SSV not so much.

The MOTW insert does look dark compared to mine, but look at the red on the priority box in the picture. White balance is dead off...the entire image is too warm, so I'd blame the image

MOTW come w/ reg card? I've seen a lot of shady ebay MOTW's, and they always seem to be missing reg card

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The MOTW insert does look dark compared to mine, but look at the red on the priority box in the picture. White balance is dead off...the entire image is too warm, so I'd blame the image

MOTW come w/ reg card? I've seen a lot of shady ebay MOTW's, and they always seem to be missing reg card

Yes, It could just be shitty lighting or camera that is causing the picture to look that dark. Usually these boots have darker inserts. The colors never look right.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
But yeah next time verify the boards. I got mine from Japan, but I confirmed the boards before payment, and once the game arrived

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
The seller has a SVSS homecart up now but the insert seems off. It seems like it's too small or something. There is space around the whole insert. The others I've kept a eye on haven't been like that. Mab he put it in a new style snap lock or something?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Some collectors put some paper between the cases and the inserts to prevent creases.

Also the way those pics were taken reminds me of a seller here.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 printer paper that serves as a buffer to protect the AES insert from the grating on the exterior of the plastic AES container.It prevents the AES insert from coming down with waffle indentations on it. The seller doesn't realize this though so I highly doubt it's a fake.
That fact that this particular one is FIXED kills the whole reason for owning it since having the fatalities in place was one of the main reasons for acquiring it imo.
BB

Last edited: