SE United States meet-up. Location and fees set. Need definate attendees. Confirm!

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
BeefJerky said:
There are two other members in the Huntsville area, one doesn't post anymore (suicidesamuri) and the other I haven't seen online in a few days (jp.). If I can get in touch with either I'll see what there stance is on hosting something.

Good to know that there is at least one other person in AL that knows about the Neo. There are not too many people here who do know about it. I think it would be a good idea to have a Neo gathering.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
CheapNeoGeo said:
Good to know that there is at least one other person in AL that knows about the Neo. There are not too many people here who do know about it. I think it would be a good idea to have a Neo gathering.

LOL, funny we missed each other, we've both been around for a couple years.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
shir0 said:
LSU is for pussies, even Bama kicks your ass and they are on probation
11 months out of the year.

Later

shir0

*ahem*

03fbchampions800.jpg

That is all

shir0

Later, Gumm0
03fbchampions802.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeah bitch.

Later

shir0

P.S. You got F'ed in the A.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
The least you could have done was photochopped out the purple and gold and maybe even crop a head or 2 form a Bama player but then again just like Bama, you always drop the ball when you dont comission outside people.

PS.

Your mom sends her regards.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Hey you kids! Get off my Lawn!
Cut it out guys. You can fight in PM-land. Where's FTL when ya' need 'em?

shir0

Later, Gumm0
Decepticon said:
The least you could have done was photochopped out the purple and gold and maybe even crop a head or 2 form a Bama player but then again just like Bama, you always drop the ball when you dont comission outside people.

PS. Your mom sends her regards.

I did that 20 minutes after I woke up - I was even TALKING TO YOU ON AIM
while I was doing it.

:emb:

Later

shir0

P.S. LSU still sucks Bama's cawk.

:D

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
!

I finally got around to calling the Holiday Inn here in Madison just a few minutes ago. The lady I talked to said for one of the smaller rooms (8-20 people) would be $125+11% tax per day. Food and drink extra, I vote for smuggling in shit.

Now that I got a price on a room (cheaper than I thought) We just need to get a set date and a list of definate attendees. If ten people go it'll cost less than $20 per person to cover the room.

Kage: Update the thread title or some shit.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Update the thread title, eh? Okay.....

Try this: "Southeast USA meet, need a list of definate attendees!" or some shit.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
The small room for $125 sounds good! Unfortunately, we may have only 20 or less attendees. Go ahead and add my name to the list of attendees...I'll do my best to make it to the meet.

Anyone that's seriously interested in going to this meet, please reply to this thread.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Attendees
--------------

BeefJerky
KagerouSama
Neo Ash
shir0
The Populous...
Tom Wopat(?)
Nesagwa(?)
CheapNeoGeo(?)
jp.(?)
suicidesamuri(?)
Decepticon(?)

EDIT: For this to happen, we need to have AT LEAST 10 people. People with question marks either have expressed interest but not certain or are local and I haven't been able to get in touch with 'em yet.

Kage: You should put in the thread title "Post so we know you're coming!!"

Ahhhh, sorry about taking forever to get a price on a room.

Last edited:

shir0

Later, Gumm0
I will drag Decepticon by the fucking teeth if I have to.

:mad:

Later

shir0

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Attendees:
Definates (So far at least.)
BeefJerkey, KagerouSama, Neo Ash, shir0, The Populous...
Unsures
Tom Wopat, Nesagwa, CheapNeoGeo, jp., suicidesamuri, Decepticon

Time Set at two days at Holiday Inn in Huntsville, Alabama.
Fee at $25 dollars a day so far for both days with current definates. I'll be cheaper if/when other people confirm.

Current MVS games (Assuming Matt's consolized is finished by the meet)
AOF3, KOF '99, KOF 2k2, Metal Slug 2, ROTD, RBFF1, Samurai 1, 3, +5, and Stakes Winner

Games/Tourney list is not final as yet. If the Consolized isn't ready other people can voluenteer consoles and games for the meet. Or, even if it is ready.

@Matt: If need be, I'll show up with t3h P0r75. Or, if Neo Ash wants to bring his NGCD or AES. Whatever works. NGPCs'll be welcome too, I'm sure. But someone'll have to put in for a few link cables from the NeoStore.

Tournies'll probably be double elimination on the spot, depending on how many people show up. Right now I'm guessing 2k2 and 99'll be good tourney games. Samurai 1 and 3 will probably have tournies too.

Looks like I gotta' practice with SS2. I'l be darned if I'm gonna' play SS1 on my SNES again.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Add KoF95 and Kabuki Klash to my MVS cart list. I'm gonna have Magna try his damndest to get the consolized finished quickly. Though, someone will have to bring Neo controllers, I'm 99% sure I won't have one anytime soon..

NGPC action would be cool, I have an NGPC and 2 games (samsho2, sonic) but no link cable.

Kage: Go ahead and bring teh ports, tell me what systems they're for and if I have the systems I'll just bring mine so you don't have to lug too much stuff. Also there are THREE Holiday Inns in Huntsville. The one I'm trying to get the meeting room at is the Holiday Inn West on Madison Boulevard (right off I-565). It's in Madison (right outside Huntsville to the West) but technically it's in Huntsville (don't ask me, this place is confused).

Who's gonna help me smuggle food and drink? Unless we wanna be suckers and pay $1.50 for soda and $6 for a pound of potato chips (that's what they told me) we're gonna be sneaking our stuff in.

Okay, WE NEED TO SET A DATE!! How many days are we gonna be having this? One or two? So far I'm guessing anytime this summer is good for everyone, but we need to narrow it down. Sometime between June-July or sometime between July-August? Work with me people. :emb:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
@Matt PMs being sent about my game titles and consoles.

Needed to know if anyone can bring a PS2 to the meet up. Reply in PM please.

Last edited:

shir0

Later, Gumm0
I'll Bring LB1 and LB2 mvs to the meet, plus - I have basically every
good saturn fighter and a few great dc fighters...I will be bringing
RalliSport 2 and a box if there isn't one...I will out race you all :)

Beef, you and I will raid the fucking grocery store.

We should just pool an extra 25 a person and go food shopping.

Later

shir0

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Still in hopes of having a PS2 for the meet-up. Final game list will hopefully be posted next week.

--KagerouSama

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Alright, no confirmed date? Any's good for me, I can't get a hotel room until everyone agrees on a day/time. I can't do all this myself you know...

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Chances are I will be able to go. And my cousin may come along as well. *and i even know where that Holiday Inn is... w00t*

So is this just Neo Geo or other stuff? Cause if its Saturn I've pretty much got it (that is, if you guys wanted to play stuff like Taroumaru, Blast Wind, RS, etc.). ;)

Also, I could bring Twinkle Star Sprites for the DC...

Last edited:

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I maybe able to attend depending on when it is. I only have evey other weekend off, working 12 hour shifts sucks, and we are very busy in the summer time so overtime is a must.

BeefJerky have you tried any other places that we might be able to have this? Does anyone live at an apt. that has a place that you can rent to have gatherings?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
How does mid-July sound for everyone then?

And I should have a preliminary games list up later today. I had been waiting for shir0 to PM me with what ports he had willing to bring so I could get a complete game list up, but it hasn't happened. So I'll post what's planned to be brought later on today. Just a slight warning though....this may be a port-fest. We may need lots of composite cables and mini-TVs.

Edit: Also, you may want to bring your favorite arcade stick or controller. That way you have that feel of a home-team advantage, like the Astros taking a peice of Astroturf to every away game. Sure, it doesn't help them win, but it gives that at-home feel.

Last edited: