Scene in Beijing arcade, 2016

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Yea those cabs aren't cheaper. Don't you live in California? Are you so lazy that you can't find one? .

No there are none where I live I'm surrounded by people who are very Anti Japanese and anything that's asian. Plus I did try to look for one but no luck nothing but ugly shitty US Cabs sorry.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
damn that outrun is sweet. someone i know has a few of those xiongbas lol, we ran a super turbo tournament on them. good memories.

thanks for pics sage.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
These are from the arcade last night.

View attachment 41412
VR is catching on big in China. Every big mall here has at least one VR kiosk.
View attachment 41413
Outrun 2 Special Deluxe Cab
View attachment 41414

View attachment 41415
This Deadstorm cabinet moves, I love this game. Shit's like a video game rollercoaster. The old arcade I went to had this, and it was only 1 credit to play...
View attachment 41416
Contrary to dance players worldwide these young mofos took forever to choose a song.
View attachment 41417
This mall is tall as hell...but when in China, always scope out the top floor for an arcade.
nice

Arcades in the suburban malls have pretty much died out here, except for Chuck E. Cheese it's one of the last franchise arcades left

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Thanks for the pics fella

Shame we do not have any f**** arcades around here in Spain

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks for the pics, LS. Nice to see you can still enjoy arcade action without much effort. Around here where I live, there is only one arcade, it's in downtown (about 7 miles from where I live) and the last time I went there, they only had the dancing games , kiddy games and a Daytona USA machine. They used to have a MAME machine, but that day it was not working.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Thanks for the pics, LS. Nice to see you can still enjoy arcade action without much effort. Around here where I live, there is only one arcade, it's in downtown (about 7 miles from where I live) and the last time I went there, they only had the dancing games , kiddy games and a Daytona USA machine. They used to have a MAME machine, but that day it was not working.

When I went back to America in summer, the arcade at the mall was gone. Lots of good memories there. The arcade at the movie theater closed as well, considering the movie theater closed down last year. I guess my hometown has no arcades left at all. Plenty of Gamestops though. One dude walked in with a Pikachu hat and I walked out.

I'd like for an arcade owner to give an interview/tell-all about the business. Maybe Arcademan can shine some light, he's been there.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Arcades are still a thing in China. When I am in Shanghai there is a couple I usually hit up. Lat time there was some kind of dragon boat festival or something though and they were all closed. :confused:

Closed for the day, or real "Closed"? In Shanghai there are two major arcades I know of. One is in the basement of this big shopping mall complex and another is Sega World which is located in Pacific Mall (China, not the Toronto Ontario one. :-). I haven't been in a while, but hopefully they're still both around!

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I was in a big one as well 2 years ago in Guangzhou and in another in Shenzhen, they both had plenty of KoF's.
In Macau the few Arcades left have many KoF (including bootlegs) and they are usually packed.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
the few remaining here are "barcades" they have more or less the same vibe as the old school dimly lit windowless concrete room 'cades only now theres a a bartender and cheap hipster beer

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd like for an arcade owner to give an interview/tell-all about the business. Maybe Arcademan can shine some light, he's been there.
This'd be great. I never had an arcade around where I lived, only ever saw them on out of the country vacations.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks for the pics fella

Shame we do not have any f**** arcades around here in Spain

Sad but true...

th

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
No IGS games? China still mad about Taipei.

Thanks, Drumpf!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Twins that dress the same always freaks me out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
She calls me a faggot for playing vidya games even though i dont play anymore.