SCAM COUNT.

2D

Galford's Armourer
Just trying to see if i am the biggest idiot to be scammed.

3 times in the last 3 months :-

Lan Kwei $187 - Just didn't bother sending the games, broken promised, no communication for 6 weeks now, and the package was insured apparently.

US Seller $240 - Picked up money never heard from them again, EBay suspended them, had a feedback of 22, took a load of others to the cleaners as well.

US Buyer $300 - Sent games after receiving payment, Paypal did a charge back after finding card used was fraudulent, had good feedback 30+, waiting to find out if others were conned.

$727.....GREAT!!

... and i ask myself why i am packing the Selling games business in?! crying

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
why am I packing the selling games business in? what does that mean?

Well... due to bad deals.. and a few frauds.. I have lost $700 AT LEAST.

Price of a business I guess.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to pay the higher prices off people you know.... or you know that you can trust. Sometimes people are just too shady.

†B†V†

2D

Galford's Armourer
lol, it was a rhetorical question...... a was basically answering my own question.

I think i am packing it in, at least the volume anyway.

I don't see why it should be part of the businees to be honest. Paypal are a bloody waste of time when it comes to... well anything basically, but they don't complain about taking money off you for every transaction. EBay are not much better as they own Paypal! WU are also a bloody waste of Space. And Lan Kwei.... Micheal, you are a WANKER!.... if you are reading! :mad:

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: 2D ]</small>

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have never lost anything using money orders.
Selling or Buying..
Money orders are traceable..
I buy and sell Video Game stuff.

I have had bad luck lately with non paying bidders.

With an expensive purchase I'll do some research first on the seller.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
i have had 3 bad deals on money orders. I RaRELY send them out. they will not do anything for you for amounts not other $300.00. 450 + they will help you.

Best thing you can do is get a photo copy of the receipt and see the idiots named signed that scammed you.

†B†V†

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I had a deal go bad with eBay a few years ago, and recently I had another one where someone sold me a bootleg and claimed he didn't know it was. So all in all I've lost about $300 from people, obviously not nearly as much as others here but it still pisses me off.

This is basically why I try to buy all my Neo stuff off of people on these boards. I've met a lot of great sellers on these boards (as shown in my sig below :) ) and never had a problem with any deal here.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I've been scammed a couple times on ebay...

1) I won a Thunder Force II. The game arrived; TFII insert, TFII manual, Sonic 2 game cartridge...wtf? Seller offered a refund if I sent the game back; I just said F it and kept it.

2) Won a "mint" Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game arrived with numberous "obvious" scratchs w/a not so "mint" manual. The game worked thankfully; I played it, whored it out, and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately I sold my Saturn collection shortly after beating PDS. Thankfully someone was willing to shell out $60 for it considering its condition. :cool:

$150 lost...not bad.

There's a reason it's called evilbay...

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Shadowland ]</small>

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Hey Chris.... nice collection in the pics there... looks like you missing a N64 Disk drive... interested :D lol.

†B†V†

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
never been scammed, me.

just be careful who your dealing with!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I guess I'm just fortunate or I stay away from "too good to be true" deals...3+ years buying/selling on eBay--no problems.

Been a member on this msgboard since last summer and have done NUMEROUS deals...never had a problem with any!

:D

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I have stayed away from too-good to be true deals. I buy rather smart.

I had made a bid on an Xbox with 7 games... 2 controllers, and all gold connections...
This is on a fairly new auction site...

well... I saw pictures.... had his C2IT account.... and lots of other information that seemed legit.

can you believe I won that package for $125.00 SHIPPED. Anyhoo.. I was ripped off.
I mean, you place your 1st bid in at $100 thinking that you will have to bid more.. then... no one else bids.... that sucks.

Also, I have every piece of evidence against him... his address, the money order copy that HE SIGNED... etc... and the PO wouldn't do anything about it. Just file a claim and if there are enough complaints against him, we'll do a collective suit.

Rock on! buttrock
†B†V†

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Shadowland:

1) I won a Thunder Force II. The game arrived; TFII insert, TFII manual, Sonic 2 game cartridge...wtf? Seller offered a refund if I sent the game back; I just said F it and kept it.
It's not a scam if the guy made an honest mistake and offered a refund!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
2D:
US Buyer $300 - Sent games after receiving payment, Paypal did a charge back after finding card used was fraudulent, had good feedback 30+, waiting to find out if others were conned.
You could avoid this from buyers by asking for only money orders, or only accepting verified Paypal members.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon:
Shadowland:

It's not a scam if the guy made an honest mistake and offered a refund!
You're right, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a scammer...

...it just means that he's an idiot.

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I'm lucky enough to only have been scammed (severely) as a buyer. Twice I tried to sell off a LB2 JP homecart, but both times the buyer gimped out. Luckily, I could get the fee back, so it wasn't a complete loss.

However, there was one time I might have gotten spammed as a buyer. It was for Flame of Recca GBA for $10. The box and manual were there, but I think the game was a bootleg. It was almost indistinguishably wider, and the part number on the back was different from a legit GBA cart. Also, it randomly froze and the music became static. But, it was only ten dollars, so I didn't make a federal case out of it. :p

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Bluevoodu:
i have had 3 bad deals on money orders. I RaRELY send them out. they will not do anything for you for amounts not other $300.00. 450 + they will help you.

Best thing you can do is get a photo copy of the receipt and see the idiots named signed that scammed you.

†B†V†
On 3 occasions I had to trace the money orders I sent out.
Certain money orders have different policies for theft and payback.On the back of the money orders the information for tracing is located.

I was payed back $30.00/$63.00 and $58.00
I buy the money orders that charge you a tracing fee of $7.00

I lose money if I have to trace them but it's better than the full amount.
I trace the money order if someone says they never got it.
I write all the auction info on the front of the Money order,I also make a scanned copy of the money order and auction info.
2 times I was payed back when the Money order was cashed by the seller.
I was issued another money order and I guess the Money order company took the money out of the sellers Bank account.
I did have to fill out a big paper though and sent it to them before I got my money back.
I did get my money back.
With a loss of $7.00 each.

One was for a traffic ticket that they said they never got.(sent in mail)
So I traced it,another was issued and I paid the ticket with that one.
Then the money order company found out that they had cashed it,and stopped payment on it.
This messed things up because now they said they didn't get the payment for the ticket when they did.
So I had to go to the court house and straighten it out.
You have to pick up a paper at the place you bought the money order at to trace the money order.

I guess you could scam someone this way,but for some reason the money order company always sent me another MO.
They stop payment on the first sent money order if detemined it was not cashed.
I guess nothing is infallible though.

Fk server keeps kicking me off so this post may be crazily written..

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: chris1 ]</small>

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Bluevoodu:
Hey Chris.... nice collection in the pics there... looks like you missing a N64 Disk drive... interested :D lol.

†B†V†
Thank you....
I have some more stuff now and I need to update the pics.
I'm not interested in the Disc Drive at the moment BUT If you still have it when I get my tax money we may be able to cut a deal.
I just burried myself buying a Metal Slug 3 and some other carts.
Gotta Have that Metal Slug..

S

snkneogeousaCTH

I've never been burned... I only pay with paypal, and if I don't get my item I do a prompt chargeback... Has always worked. Speaking of which, I have another chargeback I need to start in about 5 minutes :(. And I've never had a buyer scam me - I just only ship to confirmed addresses.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
hmmmm... Where my buddy Jason ?

Heya Buster!! Where are ya ? buttrock :rolleyes:

2D, Man you're going to be crowned as a big Scam-Magnet King.

Hope you don't get fucked up in the future ( that line applies to everybody else ) annoyed

buster_broon

The Rock,
Atrophyed:
hmmmm... Where my buddy Jason ?

Heya Buster!! Where are ya ? buttrock :rolleyes:
thanks Rui - that made me laugh :D

only really once to be honest - but bad deals have been

1/ member Dreamh20 aka Tim Tews - scammed me for 330usd but he took alot more from other members, that was for a slug 1 conversion and dunk dream. Apparently before i joined here he was all for truth and justice etc - how the mighty had fallen All the details can be found in my signature

2/ Chriz-77 - in the end i got my money bad but the deal was pretty poor from start to finish

3/ Neogeojnr - almost got me for 145quid for a ganryu !arcade! conversion but a few of us, around 7 of us teamed up and exposed him for the piece of shit that he is, just a shame he managed to get away with a couple of hundred pounds before he was rumbled

at the time with neogeojnr the neo forums were brilliant - just the way alot of members teamed up to oust a thief was impressive, and people dont call us a community

apart from those 3 members i have bought/sold stuff with over 80 other members and all of them have been top line

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: buster_broon ]</small>

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
I have yet to be ripped off here (Thank God wink ) and on eBay I've lost about $50...it was on a import game (Forgot it was so long ago) when I was using a MO...

No big deal...I hope not to run into any trouble in the future