Sanwa vs Seimitsu

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I have tried both brands and think Seimitsu has a much stiffer joystick and buttons. Sanwa feels very responsive and buttons need less effort and produse lower noise. Still not sure which is the winner.

Which do you guys think is the better overal experience?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it's all personal preference. And why not combine? For me personally Seimitsu buttons + Sanwa JLF is just right.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
it's all personal preference. And why not combine? For me personally Seimitsu buttons + Sanwa JLF is just right.

This! Yes! I do like tweaking the JLF though, I don't like them stock.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This! Yes! I do like tweaking the JLF though, I don't like them stock.
sure. Adding an oversized actuator and an octagonal gate is fun. I've also experimented with different springs, but I'm not sure about that yet.

purple

Geese's Thug
i added half of the spring to ls32 to compensate aluminum battop. i like stiff sticks with short throw, and using circular restrictor. i cant make run moves on samurai shodown games on jlf, i think stiffer spring makes it come to center position faster than light springs or may be i should practice more :)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I personally don't care for seimitsu buttons. I dig Sanwa ones though.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Adding an oversized actuator and an octagonal gate is fun. I've also experimented with different springs, but I'm not sure about that yet.

That's exactly what I did. I think it's perfect with a 2 LB spring.

I added silencer pads to my Seimitsu buttons and it made a world of difference. I didn't particularly care for them stock, but those little foam pads are great and they cost pennies. Got them from Focus Attack.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I think a STFIV TE stick with sanwas feels better than a AI wooden seimitsu stick

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I remember my first beer fellas, I'm getting my tourney stick built with nintendo leaf switches.

ninleaf.jpg

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
I think the Sanwa JLF is garbage (I hate the dead zone and sloppy wiggle in the shaft) and I find there buttons too soft but the Older Sanwa JLW is great.
In general I prefer Seimitsu parts, and Hori's new Hayabusa is great for those who don't like the JLF but like access to JLF aftermarket parts.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Honestly Seimitsu and Sanwa sticks feel very similar to me, although I prefer Seimitsu a slight bit more for snappy tap moves (big shmup fan). On the button side though, I prefer Happ competition buttons for the strong physical feedback; Seimitsu buttons and Sanwa buttons especially feel like a pile of mush to me.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like a combo of an Sanwa JLF Joystick with Semitsu buttons.

100_1288.JPG

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My HRAP is Sanwa, oldstyle stick is Seimitsu, and the cab is old Happ. Each of them has their charms.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I like Seimitsu LS-56 the most (with octo-gate), but they are made kinda cheaply and start squeaking compared to the LS-32 which is a much more hefty feeling stick.
JLF have way too much deadzone and throw for my shmups, though I've yet to try em with a stronger spring and that large aftermarket actuator.

Sanwa buttons are indeed mushy feeling compared to Seimitsu. I like the build of Seimitsu but mostly use Sanwa because they feel a split second faster to engage (panic bombing!)

Honestly Seimitsu and Sanwa sticks feel very similar to me

U Crazy.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
For fighters I'm all Sanwa. Started off with square gate JLF and experimented with an octo gate for a bit, now back to the square gate. I'm not too picky on buttons though.

For shmups Seimtsu LS-32 is my go to. I like the LS-58 as well even though that is more of a JLF equivalent.

I haven't tried that Hori Hayabusa yet, might pick one up soon to see how it stacks up.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Tournament edition stick has faster button responce than AI's seimitsu. For continous smashing sanwas are more relaxing

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I always go JLF with 3lb spring and 1mm oversized actuator. Since I grew up playing Happ comps, this is the best compromise.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Lemony make me a padhack with this, i need it for slug2.

ATARI_Joystick__CX40__1.JPG