Sanwa 30mm buttons. Red or Vermilion for NEO?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I am putting together a control panel with some sanwa 30mm buttons and I wanted to go with the neo multicolored style.

What would work better, a red button or vermillion button?

The vermillion buttons look pretty good to me, they are bright like the rest of the sanwa buttons and the red ones look like they might be a little too dark in comparison.

Anybody have these in person or used colored sanwa buttons for a red, yellow, green, and blue neo setup? I'm afraid the vermilion would be too orange in person.

rvv.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I am putting together a control panel with some sanwa 30mm buttons and I wanted to go with the neo multicolored style.

What would work better, a red button or vermillion button?

The vermillion buttons look pretty good to me, they are bright like the rest of the sanwa buttons and the red ones look like they might be a little too dark in comparison.

Anybody have these in person or used colored sanwa buttons for a red, yellow, green, and blue neo setup? I'm afraid the vermilion would be too orange in person.

View attachment 16822

Vermilion is closer to orange. Dark red is what's going to do you right.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You need seimitsu red, if you want neo red.
Uggh seimitsu buttons feel like cheap plastic console stick rubber contact buttons from the heyday. I have them in my Mini Neo 19 and it's always kinda of a aarrghhh buttons... Truth is I'm not a seimitsu fan, I have seimitsu hardware on some things and I'm always wishing to retrofit sanwa. God damn LS33 sticks, I hate them! LS32 not so much but the dead zone is the size of a crater! I'd rather JLWs for shumps over LS32s. JLFs all the way for me.

Go red, vermillion looks cool in pictures but once in your hand you'll see the true orange hue to it.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Uggh seimitsu buttons feel like cheap plastic console stick rubber contact buttons from the heyday. I have them in my Mini Neo 19 and it's always kinda of a aarrghhh buttons... Truth is I'm not a seimitsu fan, I have seimitsu hardware on some things and I'm always wishing to retrofit sanwa. God damn LS33 sticks, I hate them! LS32 not so much but the dead zone is the size of a crater! I'd rather JLWs for shumps over LS32s. JLFs all the way for me.

Go red, vermillion looks cool in pictures but once in your hand you'll see the true orange hue to it.

I actually prefer the feel of the seimitsu buttons over the sanwa......even though I have sanwa's on 5 of my 6 cabs :)

Like all the others have said...go red.

Lemony Vengeance

Yeah, I prefer things that I put my fingers on to be more tight than loose :)

the-office-meme-thats-what-she-said-michael-scott.gif

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
lol. Thanks doods! I'll stick to the red. I've never tried seimitsu buttons before and I was gonna stick to what I know, but now I think I'll order a set of both sanwa and seimetsu. I'll use em both for something sooner or later.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
One thing to keep in mind with seimitsus is that the snap ins are FLAT and the screw ins are convex. Annoyingly, the screw ins didn't fit on my Super Neo 29 panel due to the molding of the inside of the CP topper/enclosure.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
One thing to keep in mind with seimitsus is that the snap ins are FLAT and the screw ins are convex. Annoyingly, the screw ins didn't fit on my Super Neo 29 panel due to the molding of the inside of the CP topper/enclosure.

I tried to tell ya Chem man, snap-ins are for metal CP's and screw downs are for wooden CP's.
Sure you might have a few cases/CP's where you can use both types without any noticeable difference, but... This is how it was designed, conform you rebel!

I always use the oranger looking vermillion myself, the dark red buttons are good tho I find the matching ball tops to be too dark for my tastes. Same is true for blue, I use the light blue plungers and matching ball tops.

(Right) AES stick: replaced microswitches, balltop, spring (with parts from Seimitsu LS-56), replaced buttons with 24mm Sanwa snap-ins and rewired
20140804_121449-1.jpg

Madcatz TvC stick(s): replaced joysticks with Sanwa JFL octogate, replaced buttons with 30mm Sanwa snap-in's
20130705_121322-1.jpg

:-J

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Go with the dark red. That's the exact color I got for my Neo stick and it's perfect. The only difference is that I got the see through 30mm Semitsu Button.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!!
trueblue_banner__75196.jpg

I like em, but also really like the light blue A LOT! The older dark blue never did much for me, I sold my set along with a spare panel while back. Still, the new royal blue are probably worth trying.

Discuss :multi_co:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!!
trueblue_banner__75196.jpg

I like em, but also really like the light blue A LOT! The older dark blue never did much for me, I sold my set along with a spare panel while back. Still, the new royal blue are probably worth trying.

Discuss :multi_co:

I got the Sanwa dark blues and they look purple to me so I would definitely give these a try next time I want to use blue on a panel.

Lemony Vengeance

I got the Sanwa dark blues and they look purple to me so I would definitely give these a try next time I want to use blue on a panel.

There's a coupon code for 10% off any royal blue part at focus attack:

Coupon code: TRUEBLUE