Samurai Spirits Zero

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
why am i always the last one to hear great news?
btw, its gonna rule buttrock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think we should all pretend that GGXX doesnt even exist, regardless of how good or bad you think it is, and just bask in the fact that a brand spanking new Samurai Shodown is being made. I mean, its been 5 years since the series has gotten any attention, and 7 years since a 2D rendition of it. Let's just stop bickering and be happy. :D

Anyways, since this seems to obviously be a prequel, I can tell you right now that Shiki won't be in it, considering she was literally created in SS64: Samurai Tamishii by Yuga, and didn't exist before then. So any hopes of seeing her are pretty much out the window.

I'm hoping it plays just as well as SS4 did. I don't quite understand why so many people don't like it, but I think it was easily one of the top 5 fighters on the system. I'm also hoping they can retain that indescribable feel and style of the games, without turning it into Last Blade, or god forbid, KOF with swords.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
is SSIV already 7 years ago ?? These games are getting old quickly :)

A new SS sounds interesting, but I'm not expecting anything better then what we have already seen..

Can't imagine that Playmore will make a better SS game then SNK already did. they could make it a nice compilation though.. Capture all the best parts from the whole series and make it one new game with at least some fresh graphics.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
BIG BEAR
[/qb]
HERE..HERE... I just hope that they can give us intense LB gameplay with even darker,more serious graphics than SamSho III
-BB [/QB][/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------
Who knows, ss zero could be a mix between the both & lb3 maybe an all new sword fighter. That way they can make ss zero which could look & play very different (like across between lb&ss), whilst lb3 could be the new sword fighter with a graphic & gameplay style like no other game we've seen.

The character in the ss zero website looks like jubei kibagami out of ninja scroll. I thought that snk had a license to make ninja scroll anyway, was this true, if so, maybe if someone checks the dates of when that film took place, it might tie in as being a ninja scroll game.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Oh Yeah!!! Baby,

About freaking time!!! Hopefully they come out with something that includes all the SS series 1-4 charcters??now that would be sweet, I have a buddy who is crying for Wanfu to come back (Personally I think he is lame). Hah, this is going to great, things are looking up!!! :cool:

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
SeaWolf69:
Oh Yeah!!! Baby,

About freaking time!!! Hopefully they come out with something that includes all the SS series 1-4 charcters??now that would be sweet, I have a buddy who is crying for Wanfu to come back (Personally I think he is lame). Hah, this is going to great, things are looking up!!! :cool:
Guess we`ll have to wait until this month`s Arcadia to see what they`ve got to offer us on this (hopefully) new delight. One things for sure; I`m buying the Arcadia regardless as it comes out the day before I leave Japan buttrock !

Just under 2 weeks to go now! Soon enough, soon enough :) !

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
I for one hope SS Zero plays nothing like SS4 or LB. If they put another dial a combo system in SS I'll give up the franchise forever. SS games should be like SS2, cold, calculating and AA,BB,CC,DD, A,B,C infinite/free rage meter free. Also screw speed vs power, speed mode dumbed down lb down to the degree of a down syndrome patient.

"Land a light hit and continue wasting my time for eternity please whether I block or not."

Back in SS2 it was not about landing a light hit and get a free big assed combo. It was about light hits, to tell the person get the f$^#@ off, B's to control space, and Fierces that dealt DEATH.

That's what I'm talking about, give me back my space control focus, and no pansy assed LB parry. Parrying in SS2 was done better than any game to date. What's with all these games nowadays with the get out of jail free cards? Air blocking, parry, blah, put a little risk in your life take a friggin chance will yah. Also give us back NORMAL throws, push throws are for pansies who like CD combos/lethal slashes or anything else that leads to big free damage.

Put the work back into Samurai Showdown don't try to be a panty waste fighter, make people earn their jumpins, their damage, their parries and most importantly earn some bloody respect. SS2 was about mind games not about what nerd could memorize a 35 hit speed combo that left you with 10% life.

My rant.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
beelzebubble:
First I would like to say:
Samurai Showdown 4 Life.
amen :)

i know some ppl prefer (maybe more maybe less) ss3.. which is a great game too, i was just happy to give an amen to a person who feels the same as me..
Samurai Shodown III 4 Life buttrock

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I just hope it plays well. Like they can take the good parts of SSIV, the good parts of SSIII, the good parts of SS 64 2, and make a great game, but that doesn't always happen.

point: Warriors Rage 2.

2 lifebars. When the first bar is finished on one character, the match halts for a few secs. Then at 25% power, it halts again. Why?! It's so stupid and painful that I simply won't play the game at all. If I could figure a PSX gameshark code to disable that function, the game might actually be bearable.

But the thing is, they try to "improve" or make new features, and honestly, they had it so right in SSIII. Hell, even if they went straight back to the SS1 engine, but with the quality sprites shown in LB2, I would be very pleased. The more complicated the engine, the less fun it is.

aria

Former Moderator
SNKFreak:
And I swear, if I see even one recycled sprite, I'm gonna fucking fly over to Japan and rape and murder the mom of every member on that fucking develpment team.
That sounds like a dare to me wink

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This is great news. Hopefully it will be a great game as well. I'm hoping we see the classics along with some great new faces

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Whoa, I nearly missed the bus on this one.

I've been kinda' burnt out on fighters lately, but the possibilities this holds could really be killer. As long as Gen-an and Basara make the cut, I will most likely own this game. Just picturing a match of Gen-an vs Basara is cool as hell, I'd love even more to see it materialize!

While everybody has hopes here, I might as well add one of mine: personalized backgrounds

Backgrounds always tended to add to the character they were for in the past, so here's hoping they'll do it again.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Lou Gojira:
While everybody has hopes here, I might as well add one of mine: personalized backgrounds

Backgrounds always tended to add to the character they were for in the past, so here's hoping they'll do it again.
Hell yes!

Character personality is really enhanced by having personalized stages and music. Just look at Geese!

ViperDTS

n00b
Whoo hoo! A new Samurai Showdown game! The Samurai Showdown/Spirits series has always been one of my favorite fighting game series ever! Now to hear about another one in development, well all I can say is HELL YEAH! And from the title it sounds like it's going to be a prequel, so more than likely we'll have all new characters! But even if there are some returning characters, I won't mind that at all! I mean come on, what's a Samurai Showdown game without Haomaru? Before you answer that question, know that it was rhetorcal as it's not my intention to turn this into a thread about Haomaru. Anyway it's great that a new Samurai Spirits/Showdown game is being made! I can't wait to play it!

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
OrochiEddie:
This is great news. Hopefully it will be a great game as well. I'm hoping we see the classics along with some great new faces
Wouldn't that be "great old faces"? wink

Seriously, this should be interesting. Maybe a younger Nicotine or a non-possessed Mizuki. Maybe she could have a more Chun Li-ish laugh. Except without the "Yatta!" though.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Amix:
beelzebubble:
First I would like to say:
Samurai Showdown 4 Life.
amen :)

i know some ppl prefer (maybe more maybe less) ss3.. which is a great game too, i was just happy to give an amen to a person who feels the same as me..
Samurai Shodown III 4 Life buttrock
I completely agree! If Zero was 3 with bust Kazuki from 64II I'd be in heaven.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They should add two robot Ninjas (colour palate swap them, save time).

bstoppel

n00b
20 Year Member
Has anyone noticed <a href="http://www.samurai-zero.jp/s01.html" target="_blank">this</a>, yet? It looks like a character shadow.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
"Its great a new samurai shodown is being made"

I hear its coming out in autum. That means it's already pretty much complete. i hope the magazine on the 30th has a 12 or more page article about it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
bstoppel:
Has anyone noticed <a href="http://www.samurai-zero.jp/s01.html" target="_blank">this</a>, yet? It looks like a character shadow.
Either Haohmaru or Seishiro...

I would prefer Seishiro, just because the Warriors Rage series had awesome character designs, poorly matched with the shittiest playsystem and 3D modelling.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Rather sparse update, but an update nonetheless. It definetely looks like Haohmaru though with that hair.

Also..

"SNK PRAYMORE"

THE CHRISTIAN COALITION HAS INVADED SNK HQ!!!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
bstoppel:
Looks like Haohmaru performing his Resshinzan technique.

Notice that they've also altered the game's logo. I was just bitching to Ein_boser_Schotte last week about the game's title. As I posted earlier in this thread, it just doesn't fit (imo) with the previous titles in the series. I told E_b_S that, if they had to use Samurai Spirits Zero as the title, the least they could do would be to remove the "zero" katakana (ゼロ) and replace them with the "rei" kanji (零), which the Japanese also sometimes pronounce as "zero." Lo and behold, SNK Playmore has done exactly that. I'm still hoping that the game will have an additional, interesting Japanese sub-title.

--Chris

PS. The grey text on the 3 unrevealed character silhouettes (現在印刷中) means "now printing." The white-on-red text just above this (7/30日発売月刊アルカディアで全貌が明らか) indicates the possibility that all 4 of these images will be revealed in the 7/30 issue of Arcadia magazine.

<small>[ July 21, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Dash no Chris ]</small>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
they added a new shadow ....... can be Ukyo or Genjoru.