Samurai Spirits 64-2: Asura Zanmaden/Warrior's Rage Help

slerch666

updyke,
I can get to Yuga, generally, without any problems. It's when I actually GET to Yuga that he... well, hands my ass to me in a hat. I've gotten by the first form a couple of times, but I usually have a difficult time at it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to defeat both the male and the female forms? And please tell me nothing comes AFTER those 2...

I'm really trying to finish this with Shiki, so if you have any Shiki specific suggestions, I would appreciate them, though tips for other characters are good as well. :D

Thanks!

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
What Slerch said, excluding shiki and tips on getting past Gandara. >.<

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This is from memory that goes back years, so it might be a little vague in places... that and I don't remember enough about Shiki to build a strat for her at the moment.

Gandara: Hit him hard during the start up time for his slow moves, then dodge or block the move when it's about to land. He can't block, so characters with hard-to-land but extremely high damage moves like Bust Kazuki with the head tap will have no problems with this boss. For more difficult matchups, you can retreat to long range when Gandara is about to start a move. When you are at long range, he'll choose the boulder throw. Then you can run up to close range and hack on him during the whole boulder animation, which should pass over you at point blank range.

Yuga first form: Hold back at all times, except when attacking. After blocking a move with high recovery time, attack. You will learn the recovery time for every one of Yuga's moves here eventually. The trick with the first form is getting this strategy consistent enough to win 100% of the time. The 2nd form is crazy enough that you can't afford mistakes here.

Yuga 2nd form: Run, jump, and plane dodge like hell until you get close. Use your nastiest attacks when close. Block and counter is also possible at close range, as Yuga has longer to recover when the move reaches you at close range than when the move reaches you at long range. I once beat Yuga with Bust Hanzo by getting close, blocking a single move, retaliating with a single hit, then repeating until done. Keep your ABC explosion in reserve here... the momentary invincibility from the ABC is more valuable than the damage from the BCD.

Last edited:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well,

Getting by the first form was easy enough although you can't really go crazy on the offensive to much or you'll get caught in a grab :oh_no: . The second form is a bitch alright, what I came up with is a defensive battle, I would back off and make her come to me, even then it was tricky to get a good hit in. At times I would win by time runs out, or I would luck out and everything would work out great and I would actually kill her. I've finished the game with just about every character, teleport & range strike alot with Shiki, you should be able to do it no problem. I hope this helps a bit? If not, everyone has there own methods. :smirk:

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
first form is simple.

low block with enough distance from him that he won't do the command grab, counter attack. If he gets near, standing block so you walk away. If he winds up to do the projectile beam, standing block and counter. Best counter is either forward+B or CD, AAA, or CD, BBB then special move.

second form is harder, but I typically do a total offense on her. Immediately jumping in, then as she gets up from any fall, immediately hit her with a crossover. You can't win a distance game with her. If you see her go up in the air, hit forward+D and run like mad at her. You can escape that DM move of hers - you just need to be prepared.