kernow:
SonGohan:
re....drawn....sprites....please....
The Lineup:

K9999
Angel
Haohmaru (ss2 sprite)
Billy and Jimmy from ROTD

if Wan-Fu isn't in this (+ stone column) I'll be pissed, and stuff...
K' on the cover art.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
NICE!!! And it gets announced as I've finnally been getting around to playing more SS!

Peace

JHendrix

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I think they'll skip the bright colors and opt for a nice calming salmon color.

Everyone loves salmon.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
NICE!!! And it gets announced as I've finnally been getting around to playing more SS!

Peace

JHendrix
Play SS2... the only fighter you'll ever need... EVER!!! :p

Kaz

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This is awesome news! I have been waiting for another SS game for so long. Like always, I will beleive it when I see screenshots and an official release on the Playmore site. Even still, can't wait for it!

GAMEFAN

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
As much as I want to get excited...I just can't.

With the likelyhood of anyone who worked on SamSho 1-3 still in the employ of SNK-Playmore at about 0, I can't get excited about the (most likely) Noise Factory made SamSho V.

Before everyone calls me a moron, who else would you see doing it besides Noise Factory? MegaKing? Eolith?

I'll get excited when I see video of it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Daisuke Jigen:
As much as I want to get excited...I just can't.

With the likelyhood of anyone who worked on SamSho 1-3 still in the employ of SNK-Playmore at about 0, I can't get excited about the (most likely) Noise Factory made SamSho V.

Before everyone calls me a moron, who else would you see doing it besides Noise Factory? MegaKing? Eolith?

I'll get excited when I see video of it.
Torn between this, and the knowledge that Senri Kita is gone. The character designs just won't be as cool.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Wait a minute fellas:

Any game that comes out new for the Neo is a gift from heaven!

Lets not compare this possible title, to titles of old.

Lets just hope that Playmore will try to create a new playing experience, with new mechanics, including some of the characters we love, and some interesting new ones.

If they do, and as long as the game is fun to play (something folks seem to forget from time to time when we have the same old same old), we should be in good shape.

We know the game will be middle of the road at least. I know we are all hoping that it will be over the top.

I am tickled at the mere possibility of a new Sam Sho!!!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
leepantalone:
Wait a minute fellas:

Lets not compare this possible title, to titles of old.

Lets just hope that Playmore will try to create a new playing experience, with new mechanics, including some of the characters we love, and some interesting new ones.

If they do, and as long as the game is fun to play (something folks seem to forget from time to time when we have the same old same old), we should be in good shape.

We know the game will be middle of the road at least. I know we are all hoping that it will be over the top.

I am tickled at the mere possibility of a new Sam Sho!!!
It's gotten to the point that I honestly don't think the game will be done right unless I do it myself.

And to be completely honest, Sam Sho 5 wouldn't land on the Neo Geo if I was making it.

I'd take the existing Sam Sho 64 2: Asura Zanmaden, cell shade it like Cool Cool Toon (not like Zelda WW), to look 2D, and bring in the missing good characters (EQ, Gen-An, Jubei, Nicotine, Seiger, Shizumaru, Basara, Gaira, Wan-Fu and Kyoshiro). SSV could be made on the Neo Geo, but my dream shodown can't.

That's the only game I would take off the neo. I'd keep KoF there forever though, as well as MotW, LB, etc.

<small>[ April 11, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: EvilWasabi ]</small>

leepantalone

It's gotten to the point that I honestly don't think the game will be done right unless I do it myself.

And to be completely honest, Sam Sho 5 wouldn't land on the Neo Geo if I was making it.

I'd take the existing Sam Sho 64 2: Asura Zanmaden, cell shade it like Cool Cool Toon (not like Zelda WW), to look 2D, and bring in the missing good characters (EQ, Gen-An, Jubei, Nicotine, Seiger, Shizumaru, Basara, Gaira, Wan-Fu and Kyoshiro). SSV could be made on the Neo Geo, but my dream shodown can't.

That's the only game I would take off the neo. I'd keep KoF there forever though, as well as MotW, LB, etc.
Prolific as usual, Mr Wasabi! :D

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
leepantalone:
Wait a minute fellas:

well,no

every game that comes out new for the neo MUST be at least as good as the "old" snk stuff

otherwise,
whats the DAMN point in continuing????!

i know i will never see games like ss3,ryuuko no ken gaiden or kof 99 again

and that saddens me

rotd,slug 4,kof 2002...yeah...whoa :rolleyes:

people are so oblivious

they praise rotd and they have never seen FFS or FF3...

they can not understand

i feel sorry for them

but
"no fran,fuck you and your negative attitude,
give noise factory other 5 or 6 years and they will eventually create something as good as ff1..."

i absolutely cannot wait

ehi,i wish the kof series ended in the year 2000

i am a purist like that

Depending on how much veteran talent is resident at Playmore, you have to expect their development team to have growing pains just as SNK did with their NEO releases spanning '89 through '91. Expect Playmore, Eolith, Noise Factory, etc to learn from their mistakes.

I was playing Sengoku 3 again last nite and I kept thinking how some sort of logic was put forward by Noise Factory by creating a brawler fighter first. Learn techniques in a less critical fighting game like a brawler before going onto what I call a "precision fighter", ie SS, LB, KOF, FF, etc.

Give these companies time guys. I'm just happy that we get to see new games again. I mean I'd love to see the original SNK staff design games again, we all do but frankly its not happening (yet), is it?

SS2 raised the bar on weapons-based fighters, yes.

Oh, and this may sound naive but what's to stop Playmore from just using the same exact program code that SNK used anyway and add new sprites?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
RyoGeo:
I just had a nice chat session with My bud Triuemenator.

We all know Triuemenator is dead on with his information.

Since I have known him he has not been wrong yet. . . ever.

That being said, he just told me Samurai Shodown V is in the early developmental stages and will, with certainty, be released next year.

That, sadly, is all the information that is available. Characters, numbers of players, any prospective changes to the game mechanics or any additional information other than what I have printed is not known at this time.

Nonetheless, to quote <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00002726" target="_blank">FeelGood</a>, "my sex just fell out."

Take it to the bank, folks.

How cool is this? :)
I started to hyperventilate when I saw this thread! To quote Fran, "OMG! OMG! OMG!”

Playmore is really starting to step up to the plate. buttrock buttrock :cool:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
:) :( :) :( :) :(

Can't decide.

Oh well, let's see.

With that announcement, it's official for me: I simply don't understand Playmore's "master plan" anymore, if there ever was one.

leepantalone

Fran:
leepantalone:
Wait a minute fellas:

well,no

every game that comes out new for the neo MUST be at least as good as the "old" snk stuff

otherwise,
whats the DAMN point in continuing????!

i know i will never see games like ss3,ryuuko no ken gaiden or kof 99 again

and that saddens me

rotd,slug 4,kof 2002...yeah...whoa :rolleyes:

people are so oblivious

they praise rotd and they have never seen FFS or FF3...

they can not understand

i feel sorry for them

but
give noise factory other 5 or 6 years and they will eventually create something as good as ff1..."

i absolutely cannot wait

ehi,i wish the kof series ended in the year 2000

i am a purist like that
I just think too many of us spend our gaming time comparing games to other games, versus focusing on fun of gameplay.

For example, I personally think the graphics in Twinkle Star Sprites, Windjammers, Super Sidekicks are all quite dated, and not much for the eyes to feast on. The gameplay is what makes them so fun. (Some may argue that Sidekicks is not fun, and I personally love the graphics of the beforementioned games, but when compared to Ikaruga, Virtua Striker 3 and some of the first person shooters out there, they are just plain old.) And, in the case of TSS and Windjammers, they have no comparison in depth, some elements of mechanics, and just plain vanilla fun.

If the gameplay mechanics are new, and fun, or even old and fun, the game will be a success. Fun is the key, and I just think that sometimes the fact that just because the game has not followed its predecessor exactly, some will think it is garbage.

Rage of the Dragons is an example, as Matrimelee will be as well. New and exciting is the key. I am not saying that Rage broke the mold; how many 2D fighters could completely break the mold? Buy it does employ some new mechanics, and many have found it to be great fun.

What would have happened if SNK called Last Blade, Samurai Shodown 5. Most of the Sam Sho purists would have said it was crap because it did not follow the exact makeup of their favorite rendition of the series. There is never a perfect balance between people who want everything to stay the same, and those who want it to change. It can be both, but then there are compromises, and nobody is happy with the result.

Perhaps the solution is for Playmore to cease calling sequels, sequels. Perhaps they should call Sam Sho 5 something else entirely?

I would be willing to bet if Playmore did not use the Sam Sho name, and used another new name, it would be received universally with open arms, as long as it is fun to play.

"Advanced ENTERTAINMENT System". I guess I am just being practical about the whole thing. Purists will never be happy because the past is in the past, and the future will never produce things that were created in the past. Minds change, perceptions change, perspectives change. The one constant in this life is perpetual change.

Personally I embrace change, and want to see things differently then they were yesterday. I hope Sam Sho 5 is different. Character lineup, gameplay mechanics, etc.

It would be a tragedy to have it come out just like one of the renditions in the series....

I will be quiet now.......

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object

Lol - first I thought the same. I mean, KoF `01 is shit truly and has the ugliest insert you can think of for an US AES title. MS4 is a little bit better but still mediocre. But RotD and KoF `02 are indeed good games, so Playmore does improve in a way. Let`s see how Matrimelee turns out now.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Well, whoever may develop this game, they have a lot of good stuff already right in front of them. They have a rocksolid engine, after part 4 the only thing they need to do is speed it up a bit and tweak it here and there.

Next thing is making it fresh, but not too fresh. Since they ARE game developers, they will be able to do so.

antoher thing is characters and art. Well, if they keep the same style and make it as good looking as Matrimelee (which I think does look nice) then this might turn out nice. But.. they will need some good artists.

And the music.. Man, play any ss (imo esp part 4) on a good stereo set and you're almost hypnotized by the great sound and fx. Hope they will be able to keep that quality alive.

In my opinion, there's no way they could really fuck up on this release, if only they stick to the fan's rules. I'll kill them personally if they don't :D

I have good hopes for this game. Unlike for example MS5, it will be nice, but everything has been done aleady in part 1-3.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
oh.

my.

fucking.

God.

my.

sex.

just.

imploded all over me.

Everyone knows the Shodown series is the best there is, bar none. Fuck KOF. Fuck Metal Slug. Fuck SvC. Fuck Matrimele or whatever the hell it's called. Fuck Last Blade 3. Fuck em all. We have a new Shodown in the works people. Samurai will once again get into troubles because of their lives. Bloody times await. We gonna get new graphics people. New sprites. New stories. OMFG I only got one question to whomever is making this game: ASL?

OMFG the return of Ukyo and Genjuro and Galford and Haohomaru. OMFG WHERE AM I???

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
In chatting with Triue, he had said that his personal wish was for MotW 2, but that Samurai Shodown had a lot more name recognition and was more popular.

This would be bourn out by the fact that Aruze thought it a good move to plaster Haohmaru (evidently in violation of copyright, if you believe in the lawsuit) all over one of their new pachinko machines a couple years ago.

Also, if online play is any judge, Haohmaru is one of the most popular players in Capcom Vs SNK. And, in hindsight, it doesn't appear that including Earthquake in the new SNK Vs Capcom: Chaos is a fluke either.

Looking at all these factors, I think Playmore is doing a great job rebuilding their brands and franchises. Not to mention, trying to create new ones (RotD, followed by the inclusion of some RotD characters in Matrimelee). It looks like maybe there are some marketing savvy people finally working with SNK properties! eek!

That is almost more surprising than Samurai Shodown V popping up on the radar.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Seriously, this is one of the very few positive things thats happened to me on a very shitty day.

I can't wait to see screens of this. Hell I can't wait to friggin PLAY this! :)

Peace

JHendrix