Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Samurai Shodown 4

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Samurai Shodown 5

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I actually went with 4 this time. I am a big SSIII homer, but after spending a little more time with IV, I am really starting to grow attached to it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Halox said:
I actually went with 4 this time. I am a big SSIII homer, but after spending a little more time with IV, I am really starting to grow attached to it.

I voted for 2, but I actually prefer 4 for competitive play. The CD combo thing is garbage, but I always PWN the scrubs that come at me with that garbage anyway, so it's no big deal.

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
galfordo said:
I voted for 2, but I actually prefer 4 for competitive play. The CD combo thing is garbage, but I always PWN the scrubs that come at me with that garbage anyway, so it's no big deal.

yeah, that was the grip I had with IV too. SNK was pandering to the Mortal Kombat, SFII masses with that CD combo shyte. Which one of those games still have such a hardcore following? Button mashing monkeys...

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
I loved Samurai Spirits (Shodown) 2 the best!! That game was simply awesome and its my #1 all-time favorite videogame ever!! I also love the Samurai Spirits 1. Samurai Spirits 4 was ok. I agree Samurai Spirits 3 wasn't as good as the others.

My favorite characters are the Ainu Goddesses Nakoruru and Rimururu, the beautiful gal Charlotte, then Cham Cham, the mysterious Tachibana Ukyo, and of course Haohmaru and Galford. Everyone is ok too!! :D

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
My unconcious made me push part 2

I play part 3 the most though.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Button mashing in SF2? hah
Button mashing in MK series .. maybe but you won't get many moves off like that.

uh, I think SF2 still has a hardcore following.

:spock:

Tsubaki said:
yeah, that was the grip I had with IV too. SNK was pandering to the Mortal Kombat, SFII masses with that CD combo shyte. Which one of those games still have such a hardcore following? Button mashing monkeys...

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
SS2 had 1 thing that ss3 lacked...Kuroko.

Still gonna go with ss3 though...I've tried it on level 8 and I think its actually easier than the 1 difficulty setting.
Really stylized too.

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Samurai Showdown 2 ,

I have played it with my friends and at arcades more then any other game , I still want more ,

I consider 3 & 4 different games then 1 & 2 , theres a different vibe to them .

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
1 & 2 vs 3 & 4 are like night and day. It all boils down to the pacing. More mixups are apparent in 3+4 and running into random high/mid/low/throw is much, much more common and a viable way of attack. Also there's much less "stunning" moves in the previous 2 installments.

As it's been said before
1 & 2 focuses more on standard moves, poking, and throwing.

3 & 4 focuses more on well placed specials, and running high/low/medium/throw mixups.

Simply put you do a lot more running around in 3 & 4, and do more pace setting in 1 & 2. Running like a maniac in 1 & 2 on a rising opponent will just get you killed :P

I do believe that more standard move will link to each other in SSII (althought it's not easy I'll post up the vid on my website if you want it)

UnCauzi
www.fierceslash.com

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Havent played 3 and 5.
SS 4 feels a bit slow, maybe they tried to incorporate to much realism in that one.
I say Samurai Shodown 2 is the badest mother of them all!:D