Samurai Shodown - Classic-Shock Insert

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I mentioned on the SS2 thread that I doubled-up on 2 games (have AES and MVS versions). This is the other title.

So in the spirit of having something different for something I have the same, here's my version of Samurai Shodown insert for the MVS.

ss.jpg

If you want to take a closer look at the back
Click here.

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I almost let this thread pass, but when I saw that it was yours, I change my mind ;)

I'm not too fond to classic style, but I liked you pick for the artwork. It looks strange at a first glance, but it's full of retro feeling, adequate to SS, that is a game that aged much more that his sequels.

Very cool. :buttrock:

PS: the artwork at the back is AWESOME. It deserves a full insert itself ;)

Care to share a copy of that raw art?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm not too fond of Amakusa from Samsho 4 on the rear cover but the rest is no doubt cool. I have a whole lot to share and no real time :(
That's good problems though :D
I'll be back with avengance.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
I'm not too fond of Amakusa from Samsho 4 on the rear cover

Thanks for that BB, I knew it looked too cool to be original. Honestly, I hadn't even thought of SS4 when I put that in. (Must have been a subconscious decision). I agree with you 100% though. Here's a link to a new back I'm working on given that the Amakusa used previously is already taken in IV.

New back Click it.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
I had missed this entirely.

Great looking front, as usual, and I like the layout and character art on the back.
The background makes the text hard to read, however, in my opinion.

It's coming together really well, though. I like it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Looks perfect to me, NeoC - keep up the good work!

I give this one 5 buttrox ....

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Awesome insert!

The overall aesthetic is very complete and unified, with great attention to detail on both the front and back.

The only thing that might change it up a little would be to make the sam sho logo on the front stand out a little more from the cover art. It first glance it seems like the logo blends too much into the background into an orange/red blur.

Nonetheless the insert rocks, and like Galfrodo I give it 5 buttrocks
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: