Samurai Shodown 1 US blood code?

G

galfordo

I'm thinking of buying SS1 US but I'm thinking they didn't have a blood code on this one - which will make me opt for the JPN version.

Not that the dialog was anything to write home about, but it's probably the best of the series and I'd like to have it in English if possible.

Anybody know whether this one has blood or a code thing built in?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Use the search engine to look for 'samurai shodown blood code' or some such combination. You should be able to find quite a lot on this topic. Good luck.

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The US version has no blood code. If you have a US system, you'd be best served to purchase the debug chip.

The only way I know of to play SS1 on a US AES with blood and english text is to set it to the MVS mode, then at the title screen, press select+A or select+B for credits (I think, very fuzzy memory).

This is the only way I knew to get blood and english dialogue simultaneously on my AES (which is US). The only drawback is that you won't be able to pause the game... Remember, it's MVS in this case with the debug chip.

EDIT: No debug bios installed, no blood.

<small>[ April 08, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Body rip ]</small>

G

galfordo

Thanks guys,

Do you still get no blood if you're using a Japanese AES system (that's what I have)? I'm guessing you probably get blood but Japanese text only. Anybody know the answer to this one?

G

galfordo

by the way - that's a Japanese AES system with the US SS1 cart just to clarify.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I do believe the cart itself is neutral, on a Jap system it will play like a Jap cart, on a US system it will play like a US cart. The region settings are internal to the system itself.

(I also think this had something to do with the controversy surrounding the NGF version of KOF2000; some thought they were just Jap carts that NGF had bought up with Homebrew English inserts...)

<small>[ April 08, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

G

galfordo

Yeah, I've heard that the US and JPN carts are identical and play the language of text according to the system.

I guess that's the truth.

Thanx