Rush drummer Neil Peart passed away Tuesday. Brain Cancer.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The band was great too. It's too bad though, his life fell apart awhile back and he just managed to put everything together again. RIP.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Something that my cousin who is also a huge Rush fan posted:

DD's Cousin said:
I know that Neil was very private, but now Geddy and Alex's interviews from the last few years make sense to me. They knew he wasn't going to recover, but they couldn't just come right out and say that the reason there would be no RUSH reunion was because Neil was dying.

He's right. I know Neil is not someone I ever met, and I never met the other guys, but Rush's music quite literally shaped how I view and appreciate music. They were there for me when I wanted to shut out the world, when I wanted to increase my ability in an instrument, or when I just wanted to jam to great music. I considered them friends, and I'm so glad I was able to go to as many Rush shows as I did, and I'm so very glad I got to see their farewell tour a few years ago.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That's so shitty. I just watched a video of him playing a bunch of songs solo. A true virtuoso.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Rest in Peace
I just listened to a cool tribute discussion about RUSH on KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles and they broke down the music, it was so interesting.
Neil was the man.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Got a chance to see them live in 2013 I believe. Had amazing seats and will always remember the concert. RIP

The Geddy Lee bass exhibit just ended here in Calgary last week, too bad I couldn't visit it.