Rumored 360 Spring Update features

thund3rs

Rugal's Thug
http://kotaku.com/5008939/rumored-xbox-360-spring-update-touts-motion-sensor-features-game-installs

I especially like the look of:

5. Introduce a group chat (4) for Private Chat and conferences through Video Chat. (FINALLY!)

30. Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID. (good idea, but most of my friends are too cheap to do that...)

37. Option to display gamer picture or standard picture as display picture in Windows Live Messenger. (ahhh so you couldnt do that before, ok now i know!)

38. Support for headset, Xbox LIVE Vision in Windows Live Messenger/MSN (handy..)

32. Integrate file-sharing for selected titles on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows - LIVE. (errr.. what?!)

And somewhere in the list it mentions about checking email and motion sensor controls!

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Pitbul09 said:
why not a web browser like the wii and ps3?
Because that would allow you to do things on a Microsoft console that didn't require paying Microsoft money.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,

thund3rs

Rugal's Thug
Bishamon said:
I've been hoping for this feature for some time!

Do people actually use their consoles for web browsing?

ive tried with my psp but its to dam slow to use. Unless the device/console has a mouse and keyboard i'll stand back and use a pc.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
it is sometimes usefull i use the wii for wii flash games, and ps3 for downloading movies. but of course it isnt meant to take over your pc its just a really nice feature,

Example:just say if your stuck on a game and your Girlfriend is on the pc you just go on you console web browser find out how and then get back to the game.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i'd really like to see 16:10 resolutions added, like 1680x1050. thatd be nice.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Bishamon said:
Do people actually use their consoles for web browsing?

Frequently. Way more than my PC in fact.

PC - takes several minutes to boot, and then have to sit in front of a 15" monitor in the 'other' room in order to use.

PS3 - boots in about 10 seconds, can sit on the sofa in front of the 40" TV and use a wireless controller to manipulate. Can easily connect a USB keyboard or bluetooth keyboard with buit in mouse touch pad type thing if I wanted, but I rarely need to type much when browsing the Internet anyway, so have yet to bother.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
hanafuda said:
Frequently. Way more than my PC in fact.

PC - takes several minutes to boot, and then have to sit in front of a 15" monitor in the 'other' room in order to use.

PS3 - boots in about 10 seconds, can sit on the sofa in front of the 40" TV and use a wireless controller to manipulate. Can easily connect a USB keyboard or bluetooth keyboard with buit in mouse touch pad type thing if I wanted, but I rarely need to type much when browsing the Internet anyway, so have yet to bother.

My PC is always on, and is far more convenient to use for web browsing than my PS3, but I suppose if things were different (i.e. if we only had one computer and my wife or daughter were always using it, or if my computer was more difficult to use for some reason), then I can see where the PS3 might be useful in that regard.

I actually considered at one point getting an additional PS3 to experiment with as another PC, with Linux installed, but I ultimately decided that it wouldn't be versatile enough, and I could buy another Windows-based PC for the same cost or less (plus my wife's computer really needs upgrading, and I can't see her using Linux).