Rumor: HBO to consider 4 GOT spinoffs

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yesterday Entertainment Weekly said that HBO was going to make 4 new spinoffs of GOT, but hasn't announced the premises.

I am predicting:
Dunk and Egg (easy)
Bran the Time Traveller
Jaqen H'Ghar's backstory
The war of the first men

I dont think they would do, R+L, because that's the heart of this series.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Before people get their panties in an uproar, these are all "in development" not "in production". That means they're fleshing out pitches for HBO. HBO will then pick just one of these to greenlight. There's a small possibility of them picking two.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Meh, I don't find any of the background story all that interesting.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I think I read what fakeXsound said. There are 4 different plot lines that are being pitched, not necessarily produced.

fake

15 Year Member
I think I read what fakeXsound said. There are 4 different plot lines that are being pitched, not necessarily produced.

Yeah, it's pretty standard procedure. A studio will say, "Hey we really should make a dystopian sci-fi movie. Who do we have who could do a good job with that?" They'll ask their best prospects to pitch them. This is almost always unpaid work. They'll then pick their favorite ones and move a bit further, whittling things down until they finalize on one pitch. By this point, the pitch has usually gone through several iterations and doesn't even really resemble the original premise. Once they get funding from producers, etc., they can start of pre-production and it's official.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So, who ended up winning the game of thrones anyway? I don't follow the series.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So, who ended up winning the game of thrones anyway? I don't follow the series.

Dude never finished the story and will most likely die before doing so. He has said the ending will be bittersweet.

After season 6 I don't have the hype in me any longer. It's already May and I don't even care that a season 7 trailer hasn't dropped.

Maybe the only thing that interests me now are the mysterious lands we've only heard very little about, like Yi Ti: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Yi_Ti

Westeros is just one continent in a huge world. It's kind of like Star Wars in that there is so much unknown history and lore that can captivate the audience's imagination.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The spinoff will be the Adventures of Theon Greyjoys cock after it was cut off.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I honestly don't care about most of the side plots and characters. All the good ones are dead.
I don't care about Aria. The whole man-e-faces thing was pointless and dumb.
I don't care about the dragon queen anymore. girl power. slaves are bad. i get it.
White walkers. GoT + Walking Dead. Zzzzzz

Prequel is probably the way to go on this one.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I'd love to know more about the first men. But like sagey said I'd like to see what else is on this planet. Who else is out there.

NeoLucian

New Challenger
Personally I would have loved to see a few prequels:

1) Roberts Rebellion - I know we have got a good feel for this throughout the current series but it would be great to see Robert and Ned in their younger years when they were still actually friends

2) The Targaryan conquest of Westeros - Would be great to see them setting up on Dragonstone and then moving on to Westeros during a later series and completely destroying everything in their way (harrenhall?)

3) Doom of Valayria - seeing the once great civilisation crumble

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
How about the Hound just roaming the land, telling people to f*ck off, and decapitating those that don't listen. I'd watch that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Probably something with Gendry.

Some say he's still rowing to this day.

It is absolutely insane though the amount of less-important characters introduced in the first three seasons that everyone will just forget! There's a scene with Melisandre and Arya where Gendry goes to the Brotherhood of Light in season 3 I think and Mel tells Arya they'll meet again...well, will they? So many unresolved sub-plots in this show.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Here in the U.K. they're advertising for people to join The Nights Watch.

It's an opportunity to go live, train and learn all about TNW. Probably in Scotland somewhere where they actually get snow.

My first reaction when hearing about the 4 spin off's was one would be Nights Watch related and they want loads of free extra's to be in it.