Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The actual interview in English:

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Really nice, I'd like to see this happen. AOF was pretty interesting from the story and atmosphere. Would be interesting to see what the gameplay would be like, since AOF1 and 2 have stiff gameplay that a modern audience probably wouldn't like, and AOF3 was its own different thing with momentum and virtua fighter like gameplay that wasn't exactly a smash success... So what do? Make it play like KOF or FF?

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Really nice, I'd like to see this happen. AOF was pretty interesting from the story and atmosphere. Would be interesting to see what the gameplay would be like, since AOF1 and 2 have stiff gameplay that a modern audience probably wouldn't like, and AOF3 was its own different thing with momentum and virtua fighter like gameplay that wasn't exactly a smash success... So what do? Make it play like KOF or FF?

Neither.
I think trying to expand into other genre would be cool.
Make it a proper beat em up or yeah, a Shenmue/Yakuza type game.
I think the last thing SNK needs to do is have a fourth fighting game IP.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
At this point they were just talking. They haven't started making any game yet.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Well, there was that AOF pachinko game... But yeah, the franchise has been dormant as a standalone thing since like 1996.

I doubt it will happen. I mean doing sequels to games that have laid dormant since the 90s seems to be really popular right now (just heard there a new rushing beat game too) but I think it's just not worth doing.
Maybe do it as a add-on dlc to the new fatal fury.

Tbh more interest in possibility of that samurai shodown action rpg he talks about.

NeoSeeD

n00b
It's not that AOF is an old IP, it's that it was mostly crap or average at best. The cast works great in KOF, leave them there.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's the kind of mention that will make the hardcore fan base go crazy, but I can't imagine it being a very successful project with Garou and KOF already out there.

Where are the new franchises they've talked about? I suppose it's not really Oda's department, but with all of that money and new talent they've hired, surely someone has an idea that might interest today's gamers.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I think that if they do end up releasing Ryuuko 4 as a fg, SNK will repeat the mistake of having 4/5 series on the market in a niche genre and will fall on itself once more. I know they have habibi money now but even habibi will not be happy when he realizes that his company is essentially eating its own market share with each product they release. I hope Ryuuko 4 will be a Yakuza like game or an action game, something different. Same thing for Gekka (because that WILL happen sooner or later), they need to explore different genres.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I think that if they do end up releasing Ryuuko 4 as a fg, SNK will repeat the mistake of having 4/5 series on the market in a niche genre and will fall on itself once more. I know they have habibi money now but even habibi will not be happy when he realizes that his company is essentially eating its own market share with each product they release. I hope Ryuuko 4 will be a Yakuza like game or an action game, something different. Same thing for Gekka (because that WILL happen sooner or later), they need to explore different genres.
Last Blade would make for a great Bayonetta style slash em up.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I just think it's cool that they're playing around with ideas and, I assume, working towards doing vertical slices of old IPs.

Definitely more than SNK Playmore ever did.

Any game like Art of Fighting 4 seeing the light of day will be highly dependent on how the next Fatal Fury does. It'll be the litmus test for resurrecting old IPs into the modern age. If the sales are there, then they'd be foolish not to keep that gravy train going.

That said, I really think they need a fresh IP with AAA development to really get them into the lexicon of well known developers again. Something that isn't a fighting game.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
God I hate the guy that does all these shitty clickbait SNK videos.

AOF4, announced??????!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off.