Rough value appraisal for an MVS I found.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I found a Big Red 4-slot MVS and I'm curious as to what the value of it would be.

On the good side the monitor is in great condition, the marquee looks like it works fine, and it has King of Fighters '98, '03, Magical Drop 3, and Metal Slug 3 along with the marquee cards in it.

On the bad side the cabinet is fairly dinged up. Nothing really major, but the paint is scratched up a fair amount, it's got a about a 3 inch portion of particle board gouged out of the right side by the controls. Additionally the buttons feel worn in (the game select one doesn't work at all) and the joysticks are kinda loose, so they would need to be replaced. The molding is also worn and slightly warped in some places so it would need to be replaced if restored. So, aside from the gouge, typical wear and tear that you'd see in a machine that hasn't been touched up at all since it came off of the factory line two decades ago. Overall, it's definitely "garage" quality.

I wasn't able to test the sound and coin mechanisms as I was rather foolish not to bring a couple quarters with me to test it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dcsas

Integrated,
i figure 100 bucks worth of carts.....there about....350 is good starting price as panda says

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
i figure 100 bucks worth of carts.....there about....350 is good starting price as panda says

If the games aren't boots, he's looking at more like $150 worth of carts (with some great and somewhat valuable minis, if those are original). If the 4-slot board works, that's roughly $100 right there. The cab's got to be worth at least $100. All that just to get back to Panda's original guesstimate of $350. If you actually want it and would fix it up, I think anything up to $450 isn't a terrible deal. It just depends on whether the games are legit and the motherboard works.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
$250 with the games. This is assuming the damage to the wood is bad to the point you will have to replace the entire side.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
$250 with the games. This is assuming the damage to the wood is bad to the point you will have to replace the entire side.

The 3 inch slab doesn't sound so bad. But I've seen ones that just are shot on the side.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The side can be repaired with some wood putty and paint. I know a guy that works wonders with cabinet restorations.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for your input everyone, I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Unfortunately the guy wants it for no less than $700. No way I'm paying that.

The search continues. Thanks again for your input everyone.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Unfortunately the guy wants it for no less than $700. No way I'm paying that.

The search continues. Thanks again for your input everyone.

Keep hammering at him, he'll eventually give in.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Haha, exactly. Nice enough guy, but too stubborn on the price and not willing to negotiate further. Considering it a dead end and moving on.

akiba1953

n00b
I paid $300 for my cab. it isnt a neogeo cab. its a re purposed arcade. and one game. I really wish i had found this site before i jumped on the cab. I feel i should have gone down to at least $250 because i had to repaint it. I found this site when i was looking for the paint color and joined after that.