ROTD or Ninja Masters?

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
If you could only have one what would you get...Im at a lost on which one of these I should buy...
Thank you so much in advance...:)

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Shhh....both are above the 500 dollar mark so I have to make the right choice...

SHO

Raiden's Valet
If AES, ROTD cos its so much cheaper

If MVS, Ninja master, cos its pretty cool

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Ninja Master's is the better game but it costs a lot more than Rage of the Dragons. You can probably get a mint English Rage of the Dragons for a little under $400. Ninja Master's is another story. A Japanese Ninja Master's could cost between $600 - $700 for a mint copy. An English copy of Ninja Master's will be over $1,000 and could be closer to $1,500. So you have to have deep pockets to get Ninja Master's. I hope that helps you out some. :)

SHO

Raiden's Valet
ROTD dragon! its cost alot alot more less

unless you get the not so offical version of ninja master

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Makismo said:
Ninja Master's is the better game but it costs a lot more than Rage of the Dragons. You can probably get a mint English Rage of the Dragons for a little under $400. Ninja Master's is another story. A Japanese Ninja Master's could cost between $600 - $700 for a mint copy. An English copy of Ninja Master's will be over $1,000 and could be closer to $1,500. So you have to have deep pockets to get Ninja Master's. I hope that helps you out some. :)

I dont intend to get the U.S version of the games I mentioned bec of the price...This is a hard one...Thanks

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
I bought ROTD new upon release and didnt think that much of it to be honest, certainly not a bad game, but there are loads more fighters out there for the aes that are better. Ninja masters is a cool game, I personally prefer that, but it is more expensive and harder to find

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
use that 500 bones to get yourself a MVS setup :)

I wouldn't drop that much on 'ROTD Dragons' whatever that game is. its only rare because.. (stops)

ninja masters, well, thats a nice collectable and an overall better game, but more expensive.

solution, buy an MVS setup and both games for under 500

unless you want to be a collector not gamer. you sound like a gamer though.

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
Ninja Masters is the better game. I like the animation and the ability to pull out or put away my weapon, whenever I choose. Also, NM has the best into in any neo-geo game, in my opinion.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Harry_Hearttrob said:
Ninja Masters is the better game. I like the animation and the ability to pull out or put away my weapon, whenever I choose. Also, NM has the best into in any neo-geo game, in my opinion.

Thank you sir...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
:( Wheres my thanks

Did I not get one becuase I mentioned MVS?

:)

(joking)

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
kernow said:
:( Wheres my thanks

Did I not get one becuase I mentioned MVS?

:)

(joking)

Was just typing it...id love an MVS but dont you think its to "Techy"...and It wont fit my room:)

Is it a plug and play thing?
heard a lot about switches...may make my head spin

Oh and the THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! and one more
THANK YOU!!! need anything else? :)

Last edited:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
FatGuy said:
Get a phantom 1 for MVS thats plug and play .

Oh nOOOO more stuff...

I...DONT...N..EE..D...A...pHanTom 1...Just...NeEd (trying to snap out of it):)

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
IMO>>>>>>>>>IMO>>>>>>>>>>>>IMO>>>>>>

Ninja Master's.......... :buttrock:

ninja%20masters1.gif
ninja%20masters2.gif

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Really, it depends on what you look for in a fighter...

ROTD is a not-as-serious fighter with VERY good graphics and lots of color. The system is decent, if not simple. Simple doesn't necessarily mean easy, though. It's also very "off-pace" which means if you've spent your life working on your timing in fighting games, it'll take you a little while to get used to ROTD's timing. I still don't have it down and get my ass handed to me *Still* in ROTD.

NM is a more serious fighter with a different but no deeper or more involved fighting system. The graphics are not as colorful as ROTD and they're more mid-90's fusion, but that doesn't mean they suck. NM is all about mood and atmosphere. It's also love-or-hate. There's little middle ground.

They both have a dial-a-combo system with ROTD having the element of Tag Team and Duplex moves while NM has Armed and hand-to-hand fighting. It's a push for me when it comes to these games in this respect with ROTD getting the nod on some days when I want a fighter to be fast-paced and over-the-top and NM getting the nod on rainy days when I want to learn some new strategy or really get into the game for a few hours and push myself to be a better player.

It's up to you, I hope that helps.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
FatGuy said:
Phantom 1 + ninja masters MVS cart + ROTD kit is still cheaper that a ninja masters home cart. MEH

NoOoOOooOOoo:) where do I get that? :lol: