RIP John Saxon

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
An absolute legend of the industry. RIP Mr. Saxon.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It can be argued that Roper was unnecessary and added only because the movie needed a white guy...but I still thought he was cool. You can tell by his hairline the guy was virile. I thought he'd be a lot older than 84, too. I've never seen him not look middle-aged.

Aaaaaaaaand, Regis has left the building, folks. Married to the same woman since 1970, must've been doing something right. Rare thing in that industry.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Same with Williams (Jim Kelly) added just to attract African Americans and interact with Roper.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Naw, Jim and Bruce were martial artists. John was just an actor.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Same with Williams (Jim Kelly) added just to attract African Americans and interact with Roper.
Hey, go fuck yourself. Jim Kelly is a legit martial artist and action movie star, you ignorant piece of shit. And Bruce wanted him in the movie.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bolo taking a dive..Still i really liked Ropers character in EtD. RIP

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
enter-the-dragon.jpg

Fun fact: Bolo is 5'6''.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well aware of this, just be being funny.

I'd be really sad if he passed away too though. Saxon and Bolo are so iconic. :(

He's probably going to die now because of your posts ;)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

He has two of the three best scenes in the movie.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I disagree saying Saxon (Lee's student) and Williams were included to attract a more diverse demographic. Their parts could be edited out as it changed nothing in the main story.

All you had to do is have the English dude say Han was a major drug kingpin and their roles are unnecessary.

It's not a knock as Bruce had done the same in Return with Norris as the main villian battle. Funny how both (Jim & Chuck) died in their films.

Last edited: