RIP Eyedea

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
what the fuck are you serious!? :(

this sucks :(

a few months back I bought tickets to a E&A show and got too sick to attend too :(

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Favorite Eyedea memory was him and Slug freestyling for what seemed like for ever at the Turf Club one night in the early 00's....

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
he definitely has some of the craziest freestyle skill I have ever seen. Actually its why I know of him to this day, had he not won blazebattles in what... 2000? I would not be following him and rhymesayers in general today.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
my introduction to eyedea

what a clever mofo...too damn quick on his feet

EDIT:

man... just listened to by the throat and it choked me up.

amazing lyrics from his last album... alot of people hate on the album but because of this one track I love it

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Damn man, the dude had some serious skills. Fucking hell, hate to see someone like that(not to mention that young) check out. Modern hip hop needs all the actual talent it can get.
:mad::(

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I know I'm spamming this thread a bit but I am pretty choked up about this. celebrity deaths really never mean shit to me but eyedea is a dood who's poetry has meant something to me over the years.

this performance is one of the ones I link to people who claim hiphop is not artistic. Nobody has argued after seeing it.

Marek

Banned
I am glad to know about E&A, this is cool stuff. It is sad to lose a great though.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i hate being the guy who'd never heard of someone this good until after they die. fuck this kid had it. corny lookin white boy but damn could he drop the beat. holy shit. i haven't been this affected by a rapper since i discovered blackalicious in highschool. this kid had some sort of god given skill. amazing.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Wow. Pretty shocking. I could generally care less about celebrity deaths either, but man, I listened to First Born so much... that album is pretty fucking classic. And I'm not even a huge fan of hip hop in general any more.

Sad day man.

On a side note, this has brought to light for me his third album from '09. I haven't been keeping up with him because I didn't really like E&A all that much... not because it's a bad album, I think my tastes have just changed over the years. I'm kind of digging this live instrumentation on By the Throat though. I'll definitely be giving it a listen.

Reality Check

World Hero
I been listening to the videos that were posted and holy crap this guy is amazing. Extremely talented guy. This sucks as I don't like having to discover people after they die

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Holy crap, we lose yet another great hip hopper this year? First it's Nujabes and now him...R.I.P. Eyedea, may his music live on...

astar617

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Damn. :( I was never a ridiculously huge fan but he had freestyle skills. I met him briefly around '01 at a show @ the Middle East in Cambridge, MA. He definitely helped put Rhymesayers and MN on the map. RIP

Last edited:

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
i guess i'm very late at knowing this but wow, this really came as a shock. i totally admired the guy for his thought-provoking work. im gonna miss that he's not doing what he's doing anymore because he was a very smart and well aware person. rest in peace my friend! your music really has inspired me to use my brain!