ridddddddge raccccccer

3xChaos

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice! Two of the older racing games that I really want are Ridge Racer and Daytona. I can imagine having them side by side "DAAAAAAAYTONNNNNNAAAAAHH" and "RIIIDDDDDDDGE RAACCCCCER".

3xChaos
Michael

bwodie

Another Striker
lmao chaos
im the same. now i got ridge racer, i also need to get the roms for ridge racer 2 and rave racer... but i think i will get a twin ridge racer 2 first if possible :)
then i want a twin daytona, got access to em, just cant afford it!

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
I just want RR or Dayytoonnaaa :( Daytona preferred heh. Nice pickup on the cabinet though, Id love to have even a single.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Awsoem man, cant ask for much more than that, classic piece of gaming. how much did you pay mind I ask?

bwodie

Another Striker
thanks for the comments guys :)

i paid 450 US baseley, which is $600 Australian. Usually here they would go for double that so i did well.. not sure how that price compares in the US :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice cab and for a nice price aswell! :buttrock:
What RR is that?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
pic just won't load for me but i gotta say congrats

ridge racer 2 and raver racer are the best 2 racing games ever

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thats freakin awesome - wish i could fit one in my basement. how does the game hold up to todays standards?

bwodie

Another Striker
its a ridge racer 1
the graphics still arent bad honestly. its a 15 year old game. I mean they dont compare to that of modern games, but they suit it perfect and run soso smooth, just the edges are a lil rough as there was no filtering.
the game stil holds up so so well.. the ai is a bit silly tho. its predefined on the first ridge racer so they dont vary to much, but it was ment to be arcade!
the 6 music tracks are fucking kick arse!!!!

its tough playing a manual. firstly cause here in aus we are used to using our left hands for gear changes. its great fun though, the clutch is spot on, if you dont get it right ya get a nice clunk through the speakers to let ya know u fucked it, but once you get some good changes going, it really speeds up your times. i love how if you slam a good gear change round the corner, you get a lil wheel spin and it takes off.

i know of a guy who has one, that he got converted with force feedback which would be great, because at the moment it kinda feels like ya driving a boat floating accross water. you have no feel for the back wheels, awesome non the less