RGB converter questions

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I wanted to make a RGB to composite/S-Video myself using some info/schematics that was posted on the web before (but I can't find that site anymore).

Question is:
Has anyone made their own RGB converter and if so would you recommend making your own again or getting the JROK?

Are there other video board maker alternatives other than JROK and MAS (please don't include those sites that have those big converter boxes)?

Does Matt still make RGB converters?

Thanks.
;)

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Don't give up and buy a JROK enough of that! Learn the trade of soldering.

if you go to: Analog.com

They supply the AD725 chip that is used for making the RGB encoder chip.

Just do a product search for AD725 then download the PDF for the datasheet and it has the schematics for the converter! It's awesome stuff! I am in the process of putting my RGB encoder together (waiting for 2 parts to arrive). I will try to post up pics when I am done.

Hopefully someone can make a diagram of their encoder in MSPaint so it's easier to understand. Show the connection of the resistors capacitors and the like. Thanks all

-ToeJam :buttrock:

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Cool. Thanks for the tip.

So the chip only costs $5.31?
Do you have to purchase through them directly, or do they have distribution through Radio Shack, Fry's, etc.

:multi_co:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I'd be very interested in seeing your diagram too, ToeJam.

I'm currently in the process of building an encoder from a CXA1645 chip and I'm having problems here and there. It'd be nice to see another solution such as the AD chip.

And Catman, Radio Shack is more than useless for anything other than if you need solder at 8:45 pm. Also, Fry's tends to not have any ICs ever. Pretty much have to order most of this stuff online.

I'm lucky enough that Jameco just so happens to be in my town!:buttrock:

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
D-Lite said:
I'd be very interested in seeing your diagram too, ToeJam.

I'm currently in the process of building an encoder from a CXA1645 chip and I'm having problems here and there. It'd be nice to see another solution such as the AD chip.

And Catman, Radio Shack is more than useless for anything other than if you need solder at 8:45 pm. Also, Fry's tends to not have any ICs ever. Pretty much have to order most of this stuff online.

I'm lucky enough that Jameco just so happens to be in my town!:buttrock:

LOL, I was using those two for reference. We have a place here in town called Alltex and they have lots of stuff to look through. If I need some other components I'll probably go through them.

Thanks.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Catman and all.

I will be posting a parts list with page where I got it from part number and cost.

I ordered from Jameco and from Digikey. Digikey has surfboards for the tiny ass chip. Just got to give me a couple weeks. Until I get the parts and more FINE solder I'm thinking 22 AWG. Thanks guys.